Stephanie
Expert September 2019

Puerto Rico?

Stephanie, on January 11, 2019 at 5:43 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 11
Saved Save

My FH and I would love to go to Puerto Rico for our honeymoon. Ideally we would love an all inclusive resort, but that isn’t a dealbreaker. Has anyone found anything they thought about, or has been to that they loved? We are just starting to look. My FH is ultimately going to be planning the trip, but is super busy with work right now so I’m doing some preliminary research.

11 Comments

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    Puerto Rico 🇵🇷 is beautiful. Have you looked at Costco or Groupon?
  • Meagan
    Expert May 2019
    Meagan ·
    La concha resort is my favorite there! It was such a great place with amazing pools and beach! I would go there over and over again!

Puerto Rico? 1
  • Stephanie
    Expert September 2019
    Stephanie ·
    View Quoted Comment

I have only looked briefly, but am actually checking it out now. I went once with my family a long time ago and loved it. FH has never been, but we just adopted a dog from there last June.

• Stephanie
    Expert September 2019
    Stephanie ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you very much!

• Atabey
    Dedicated April 2019
    Atabey ·
    Hi. I am from San Juan PR. I think we dont have all inclusive hotel. Some of the best hotels in san juan are Vanderbilt, Caribe Hilton, Intercontinental and San Juan Hotel.

If you have enough time, try to go to the municipality island Culebra. I like the Seabreze hotel.

I can also help you by suggesting places to visit, eat, etc

Have fun with the planning.

• L
    Super August 2018
    Lisa ·
    I stayed at the intercontinental with an Expedia deal....place was awesome!!! I would take a tour to the rainforest, visit old town San Juan (historic district), el morro (the historic base), take a drive along the coast if you can, of course do the water sports (parasailing is awesome!), and just enjoy each other. The coqui’s can get very loud at night, but so cool to hear!
  • Stephanie
    Expert September 2019
    Stephanie ·
    View Quoted Comment

I didn’t think there was one, but figured I would put it out there. Thank you very much for your help.

• Amy
    Savvy May 2019
    Amy ·
    When we go to Puerto Rico to visit my family we always stay at La Concha. Beautiful grounds, beach front, self-parking on site (about $15 per day), valet parking, several pools, and great rooms. It is a bit pricey for food and drinks, but you are on Ashford Avenue right on the strip. Plenty of restaurants, bars, and I believe a CVS or Walgreens for essentials and even alcohol. You'll love it!
  • Sydni
    Dedicated March 2019
    Sydni ·
    My fiancé and I just booked our trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Repuplic at an all inclusive. We went through a travel agent, I would recommend going through a travel agent if you are going overseas they know what resorts are good and they get great deal packages that can save you quite a bit of money. Something most people don’t know is you don’t pay your travel agent a fee - they are paid out by the resort or company you end up booking your trip with. But to be on the safe side you can always ask upfront if they have fees.
  • Carolyn
    Beginner August 2019
    Carolyn ·

There are sooo many amazing airb bnbs that are romantic and affordable (look in the Rincon area on the westside or Fajardo on the east side). I recommend also renting a car, best way to experience the island in my opinion. We are looking into the Royal Isabela and i'll be going to go see it in person when I travel there this week. Look it up, their casitas are gorgeous.

• Sunshine92
    Savvy June 2020
    Sunshine92 ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Do you have any suggestions for restaurants in San Juan that would be a nice place for dinner after the ceremony?

Comment on this discussion