Cynthia
Expert June 2019

Processional order...

Cynthia, on March 24, 2019 at 12:34 AM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 8
Saved Save
I am wondering is it important to have all the parents and grandparents walking down the aisle? My FH and I will definitely have them seated and it the front rows. But our family is not wanting to walk down. My grandparents divorced many years ago and they are not comfortable with walking together and I do not know if my grandpa will make it. My FH parents separated when he was 5 years and his dad is remarried.. and they do not want to walk down with each other. They all have told us they are fine with now walking down the aisle to start off the ceremony. The only one that will be walking down is my dad. Do you think it would be weird without the others or should be okay?

8 Comments

• Maggie
    Expert April 2020
    Maggie ·
    It should be okay!
    We were going to have my FH walk down with my grandma and his grandma then his other grandma with her current husband but we have a tumultuous relationship with the grandma who will be walking down with her partner. I only wanted that because my grandma is doing so much but instead we’ll be thanking her during speeches at rehearsal dinner and they will all be seated in the beginning. If your parents or his parents don’t get along very well you can have them either not walk at all or walk individually
  • Jennifer
    VIP September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    You don’t have to have them walk in, no. But should you choose to:

You have the grooms father walk in with his CURRENT WIFE. Never have the parents walk in together if they are remarried- even if they agree it will lead to hurt and resentment somewhere! The groom walks his mother in, or the groom and father walk her in if they all get along.
    As far as the grandmothers- have them walk in together with your FH or an usher. Your Grandfather can walk in with another female family member...
  • Tris
    Expert August 2019
    Tris ·
    Not weird. Our mom's are walking our 2 kids down. That's it. No dad's, so bridesmaids or groomsmen. I'll probably pick a shorter professional song that'll fit 🙂
  • Brittany
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittany ·
    Whatever you want to do is going to be perfect for your wedding. I’ve seen it done several different ways. Personally, for my wedding, the grandparents will be sitting, fiancés parents will walk down, and my brother will walk my mom down. But not having any of them walk would be fine, as well. It’s whatever you want!
  • Maura
    Dedicated May 2019
    Maura ·
    We are only having the bridesmaids and groomsmen as part of our processional. The first two rows on each side will be reserved. The wedding party will be seated in the front, and our parents and grandparents will be in the second row. Our DOC can make sure they find the right seats before the ceremony starts since we are doing photos with them beforehand.
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    I have a lot of divorces in my family too and it got so complicated I decided that only the biological mothers and my dad will walk down.
  • Krystin
    Expert October 2019
    Krystin ·

If that's what you want, it will be ok!

• Cynthia
    Expert June 2019
    Cynthia ·
    I dont want anyone to just be told what to do if they are not comfortable with it. I doesn't bother me if they do not walk down.. I want them to be comfortable and happy with things went to.

Comment on this discussion