Fiona
Expert October 2018

Processional Music

Fiona, on June 19, 2018 at 9:50 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 15
Saved Save
What song are you going to play for your bridal party and for yourself during the processional? Are you going traditional or untraditional? Interested in hearing what others are planning! Thanks!

15 Comments

• K
    Savvy June 2018
    Kaylee ·
    • Flag
    For the bridal party we played "When I say I do" by Matthew West and then the traditional here comes the bride song when I came!
  • MrsPreach2018
    Master August 2018
    MrsPreach2018 ·
    • Flag
    I think we're a little bit of both. For the patents and bridal party we're playing, A thousand years by Christina Perri. And, for me Canon in D by Pachelbel.
  • S
    Dedicated August 2018
    Sandi ·
    • Flag
    We’re very traditional, the church won’t allow anything current. So entire bridal party (including me) will come down the aisle to Moret’s “Rondeau”.
  • AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    The wedding party is walking to "Sea of Love," by Phil Phillips, and I am walking to "Can't Help Falling in Love," by Elvis. We're kind of keeping a theme of older romantic music through the ceremony, cocktail hour, and first dance.
  • A
    Devoted May 2020
    Ali ·
    • Flag
    Not sure what we're doing, but I think it'll be something non traditional. Our wedding is the second for us both and white symbolizing purity seems hypocritical to me, so I'm wearing red and black. He's wearing black and red. We are both throwing splashes of white into our look with jewelry and accessories. There are other things we are doing differently but these are the biggest things
  • Sara P.
    VIP October 2018
    Sara P. ·
    • Flag
    Bridal party is going to walk to either Tale as Old as Time (instrumental) or Can You Feel the Love Tonight (instrumental). I'm walking to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri but covered by The Piano Guys.
  • Tpatb
    Master August 2019
    Tpatb ·
    • Flag
    Haven’t 100% decided but thinking bridal party “Die for you” by Beyonce & “Naked” (it has nothing to do w/ being actually naked or sex btw lol) for me by Ella Mai
  • C
    Dedicated July 2018
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    We’re going completely untraditional! I’ve gone back and forth but decided to just go with what I want! I’m a huge 90s R&B fan so my bridesmaids are walking in to This Very Moment by KCi & JoJo and I’m walking in to Let’s Get Married by Jagged Edge!
  • T
    Super December 2018
    T P ·
    • Flag
    Music can be a fun way to express the personality of you both as a couple. We plan to play a classical march during the processional. There are beautiful contemporary songs, but it would seem beneficial to play a more conservative selection since many of our reception choices are a bit unconventional. Happy planning!
  • Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    For the processional I haven’t decided yet, maybe river flows in you, but for my entrance it will be a piano version of the song beauty and the beast.
  • Kimberly
    Expert May 2018
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    We had a string quartet. So these were on strings not playing the song audio:

husband and wedding party: Adele, make you feel my love.

me: Christina Perri, A Thousand Years
  • Yoomie
    VIP October 2018
    Yoomie ·
    • Flag
    We are having a solo cellist play during the Ceremony. He has only experience playing in a symphony so I had to choose classical songs rather than modern songs. Also, since the same runny is a Jewish ceremony officiated by rabbi, I had to fix picked songs that were secular.ere's the lineup:
  • Yoomie
    VIP October 2018
    Yoomie ·
    • Flag
    We are having a solo cellist play during the Ceremony. He has only experience playing in a symphony so I had to choose classical songs rather than modern songs. Also, it's a Jewish ceremony officiated by rabbi, so I had to pick secular songs. Here's the lineup:

Wedding Party Processional:The Swan (from Carnival of the Animals)
    Bride Processional: Bach, Cello Suite No. 1, Prelude
    Recessional: Bach, Gavottes, Cello Suite No. 6
  • xRApril
    Expert May 2018
    xRApril ·
    • Flag
    We did the Jurassic Park theme song version by the Piano Brothers.
  • Jen
    VIP July 2018
    Jen ·
    • Flag

I'm having a musician/friend sing and play (on a grand piano) "Better Place" by Rachel Platten. Everyone will walk in to that song.

Comment on this discussion