Mrs.strickland
Dedicated March 2019

Pricing help!?

Mrs.strickland, on January 9, 2019 at 10:25 PM Posted in Hair and Makeup 0 9
Saved Save
I am having a hard time finding a decent price for doing hair and makeup for me and 2 bridesmaids. So far everyone has pretty much quoted me over $350. The hairstyles are fairly simple. Is this about the going rate that everyone is paying or is it just my area I live in? Is this high, low, or average rate? Maybe just DIY the best I can if i don’t like the prices?

9 Comments

• Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos Online ·
    • Flag
    Mine is $660 for me, two bridesmaids and my fmil. And that was the cheapest I could find. But I know I’m not talented enough for diy!
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly Online ·
    • Flag
    I paid $150 for hair and $125 for makeup for myself. Bridesmaids was $90 for each service. So $350 for hair and makeup for 3 people sounds like a really good deal.
  • Cara
    Expert July 2019
    Cara ·
    • Flag
    That’s a really good deal. I’m spending about $150 a person for hair and makeup.
  • SummerBrideInAutumn
    VIP October 2019
    SummerBrideInAutumn ·
    • Flag
    That’s a good deal. I’m paying $180 for hair and makeup and my girls will be paying $65/service ($130 for hair and makeup).
  • C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    350 total? That’s not bad. I’m paying $165 total for mine and my bridesmaids are a little less than $100 total, I think.
  • Phelicia
    Devoted September 2019
    Phelicia ·
    • Flag
    Just my makeup for 7 people is 520. No hair
  • R
    Beginner May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    Mine is $185 for hair and $165 for makeup - these both include the trial. Cheapest I could find in my area
  • Rosa
    Dedicated May 2019
    Rosa ·
    • Flag
    I’m actually dealing with this also and yup :/ that price sounds relatively good for both services in 3 people . Just makeup for me is 135-150 and my 5BM plus MOB and MOG will be $85 each. That’s just makeup . As for doing it yourself it could work out for you if you know you want your look to be subtle for the pictures .
  • Alicia
    Beginner June 2020
    Alicia ·
    • Flag

Thats a really good deal, I'm going to have to end up paying quadruple that for me and a bridesmaid but that is because of the area. If you can DIY then I would say go for it, but it could be an added stressor if things dont go right.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics