Veronica
Dedicated April 2017

Price

Veronica, on May 21, 2016 at 10:00 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 79
Saved Save

How much are you guys are paying for a wedding dress or what is the budget you guys put down to it?! I bought my dress 1500. my friends and family are telling that it's very expensive that is not worthy paying for it due to one time used then after all it's only for storage

79 Comments

• RealLindseyO
    Master October 2017
    RealLindseyO ·
    • Flag

I'm trying to spend less than $700 all in. I found a dress at David's Bridal that I really like in my budget.

• Jessica L
    Super August 2016
    Jessica L ·
    • Flag

• Christy
    Super September 2017
    Christy ·
    • Flag

Budget was up to $1300 and that's probably how much it will be with alterations. The dress itself was $1,100

• HoneyLife
    VIP October 2016
    HoneyLife ·
    • Flag

DATE TWIN! Dress budget is personal and varies so greatly. I budgeted 1K or less and ended up with a custom gown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp1UEd6MIZA

• Deb
    VIP January 2017
    Deb ·
    • Flag

I budgeted 800 and found one for 450

• K
    Super July 2016
    Katherine ·
    • Flag

It depends what you can afford. Some people spend thousands on a dress. I'm spending about 100 dollars. It's kinda relative....but keep in mind you'll only wear it once.

• OhCarol!
    Expert July 2016
    OhCarol! ·
    • Flag

I don't think $1500 is an extravagant amount for a wedding gown.

• JBach
    VIP September 2016
    JBach ·
    • Flag

Budget was 1200, my dress ended up being 1800 but I'm in love with it.

• Sara
    Master April 2017
    Sara ·
    • Flag

Mine came to about $1500 with taxes. My mom was willing to go to $2k but I wasn't comfortable with that.

• Judith
    Expert October 2016
    Judith ·
    • Flag

2,000 without alterations. I don't even want to think about what I'm going to pay! :/ my budget was 1,500-2,000. I kind of regret not buying a beautiful to die for $200 bridesmaid dress in ivory (all lace). Sometimes I regret that because I could have put that money elsewhere, BUT my dress felt beyond bridal. It's perfect. So meh anyway right!?

• Jennifer
    Expert July 2016
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Have them watch say yes to the dress. Lol those people over pay for a wedding dress.

I spent $1721 for my dress. That's without alterations. I am going Tuesday for my fitting.

• patches
    Super June 2016
    patches ·
    • Flag

Budgeted for $300 but found a dress I liked for $179. Simple sheath style was all I wanted though.

• Future Mrs. Webb!
    Master October 2017
    Future Mrs. Webb! ·
    • Flag

Spend what you can afford! Some brides have LOTS of money in their budget for a dress--think the women you see on Say Yes To The Dress, who don't blink an eye at dropping $5000 on a wedding gown. Others have smaller budgets for dresses, like me. I ended up buying mine from an online wedding dress resale site for about half what I would have spent in store.

From my research, it looks like about 10% of your total budget should be set aside for the dress. That's not a hard and fast number, of course, but it's something to think about!

• EleanorRigby
    VIP May 2016
    EleanorRigby ·
    • Flag

Mine, with alterations, was $1050. FH said nobody should spend that much on a dress but then he said "if it's what you wanted and what you like then... Who cares." Besides OP, what's done is done.

• Kimi
    Master August 2016
    Kimi ·
    • Flag

My budget was $300. I bought a BM dress in white for $147. Alterations will probably take it up to the $300. Don't forget to add accessories into the budget. My veil (Etsy) $46. Sash (Etsy) $50. Headpiece (Etsy) $55. Slip/bra combo (Amazon) $70.

• MrsMohan
    Expert October 2016
    MrsMohan ·
    • Flag

$1600 before alterations. My budget was around $2k

• NowASeptMrs
    Master September 2015
    NowASeptMrs ·
    • Flag

I don't think $1500 is extravagant. Getting over $2000 seems to be more expensive than most. My budget was $1000 and I found mine for $600. After adding my belt and alterations it was about $1000. I loved it though. If I had loved something $1200 I would've done it. Just don't look outside your range and fall in love if you can't afford it.

• Rose2Weaver
    Expert July 2018
    Rose2Weaver ·
    • Flag

I mean I'm not sure I'm not going to lie I feel like that's ALOT buttttttt I found a dress on Pinterest I LOVE and if I found that dress I'd be totally willing to pay that much for it

• CHEYENNE
    Super September 2016
    CHEYENNE ·
    • Flag

600 including alterations

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

I spent $2K on my dress

Edit: This is without alterations.

Comment on this discussion