Lynsey(almost)Hernandez
Devoted October 2015

powerpoint v programs

Lynsey(almost)Hernandez, on October 16, 2015 at 10:50 AM Posted in Planning 0 20
Saved Save

Thoughts? My programs made me mad, so I ditched them and am thinking about a powerpoint slide show

20 Comments

• Sarah
    Master April 2017
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

I plan on skipping programs all together. Is there any part of the ceremony that you think the guests would need an explanation on? Where would the powerpoint be played?

• Jeanne
    Master August 2015
    Jeanne ·
    • Flag

I'm not sure how a power point would replace the programs? Would you project the schedule/order of the ceremony/info during the ceremony? Would it be playing in the lobby?

• Reese
    Master July 2015
    Reese ·
    • Flag

Nobody is going to want to watch a powerpoint presentation. Programs aren't really necessary anyway. If you want something with your wedding party on it, how about a pretty sign on a stand?

• Tara
    Devoted November 2015
    Tara ·
    • Flag

Can you elaborate on what the power point would include and when/where it would play?

• M
    Master July 2015
    m ·
    • Flag

There is no reason this would work or make sense.

'Splain yourself.

• Lynsey(almost)Hernandez
    Devoted October 2015
    Lynsey(almost)Hernandez ·
    • Flag

We have 2 screens in our sanctuary. While guests are being seating, it would be a slide show with pictures of us as children and growing up, then there would be a slide with the wedding party listed out, and order of ceremony, screens back to black and wedding begins.

• Sarah
    Master April 2017
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

That could be cool. The guests who arrive early will have something to do/watch. Maybe instead of the slide listing the BP, you could have a picture of each with a caption of who they are.

• Original VC
    Master July 2015
    Original VC ·
    • Flag

Where would you project it? Would it be a program for the ceremony?

Devoted October 2015
    • Flag

Right, it wouldn't be up DURING the ceremony!

The photo slideshows are actually pretty common where I live...so I thought just incorporating the 2 slides with wedding party and order of ceremony.

• Original VC
    Master July 2015
    Original VC ·
    • Flag

Sorry, just saw that you posted the pic and an explanation. In that case, I think it makes sense, that's a pretty neat idea Smiley smile

• Sara
    Expert December 2015
    Sara ·
    • Flag

That's pretty cool. As a guest, it would be interesting and different. It's a great way to get the info across and save the time and money of having programs printed up. Go for it!

• Tara
    Devoted November 2015
    Tara ·
    • Flag

I think it sounds like a great idea. I also like the idea of including photos of the bridal party

• Beth
    Master May 2015
    Beth ·
    • Flag

As long as nothing's on the screen during the ceremony, I say go for it! It's cheaper than programs and I love that it gives the guests something to watch while they're waiting. Creative, I like it. (:

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·
    • Flag

I think a powerpoint is for a board room, not for a wedding ceremony.

Devoted October 2015
    • Flag

Might I add, I'm very DIY and trying to cut costs where I can. We have 2 young girls, and we don't have $$$ to take away from them, yet we are still trying to have a nice wedding. I cut corners in some places, so I don't have to in other areas.

• Celia Milton
    April 2020
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

Nope. You don't need programs anyway and powerpoint looks too much like a mega church....

• Laura Marie
    VIP September 2015
    Laura Marie ·
    • Flag

I actually don't hate this idea. You could make it look like the credits to a movie, sort of. And include pictures of the BP with you guys. I loved our programs, though.

• Colleen
    Expert April 2016
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

Like Beth said as long as its not on during the ceremony (which I know it won't be). I like your idea of the powerpoint and pictures of you as kids gowning up is cute! This would be something I would remember about your wedding to stick out from others years to come.

• MrsA
    Master October 2015
    MrsA ·
    • Flag

Ah.....no.

• KGroenwold
    Super October 2015
    KGroenwold ·
    • Flag

I actually really like this idea! It would be cute!! Staples screwed up our programs (2 separate pages instead of 1 page double sided) a week before the wedding which ended up costing my a full day of making the damn things into fans and I have like 90 out of the 135 I made left. Grrr biggest piss off ever.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics