Future Mrs.Whitaker
VIP August 2014

Poll: Whats YOUR favorite song to hear at a wedding?

Future Mrs.Whitaker, on July 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 12
Saved Save

We're just doing a simple set up with FH's PC at the venue. Most of our guests are older..some will dance, most will not. FH is only dancing with me because I'm the bride and I say so.. hehe Smiley smile

Sooo...I need some good background songs that can double potential dancing songs.

As a guest, what do you like to hear? and as a bride, what is your favorite song on your playlist...

12 Comments

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

I'm gonna be lame and say as a guest I love the cha cha slide. It makes me weak to see everyone attempting to dance along, and brings me back to like middle school. As a bride, my favorite song on our play list was our first dance - It was I won't give up by Jason Mraz...again I'm lame.

• Wendy
    Super August 2014
    Wendy ·
    • Flag

I've always like Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. I think it's a fun one to sing along too that most people know.

• WalkerGirl
    Super August 2014
    WalkerGirl ·
    • Flag

ACDC "Shook Me All Night Long"... the one song that will... without fail... get me on the dance floor :-)

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·
    • Flag

I'm stealing both of the above posts. Any good classic rock will get me up there!

• Leanne
    VIP April 2017
    Leanne ·
    • Flag

I love Motown, depending on what "old" is by your definition Elvis, The Beatles will get them up and the younger people too!

• Emma
    Master October 2024
    Emma ·
    • Flag

Twist and Shout.

What a Wonderful World.

• Milwaukee_Bride
    VIP August 2014
    Milwaukee_Bride ·
    • Flag

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey. Classic Smiley smile

• Celia Milton
    January 2020
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

Motown will get everyone on the dance floor. And I'm not sick of 'Happy", but it's only July.

• K & J 15'
    Expert October 2015
    K & J 15' ·
    • Flag

Same here Katie, I love seeing people attempt to dance, all the while making fools of themselves. I'm not a big country fan, but at a wedding I went to the DJ played "Cotton Eye Joe' and it was so much fun to do. I'm definitely going to have it played at my wedding.

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

Kool and the Gang -- Celebrate!

Also, old school MJ and Whitney Houston.

• Courtney
    VIP January 2015
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I like big butts sir mix a lot. This is a serious answer. I always request it. Love shaking my big butt to it!! Smiley smile

• Mina
    Super June 2015
    Mina ·
    • Flag

As soon as Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" comes on, I give FH the eyes and we head to the dance floor. There are never enough slow songs, IMO. We hardly ever have that "stare each other's eyes" moment in our day-to-day lives, so doing it while slow dancing is an absolute joy.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics