LaTanya
Dedicated June 2013

Poll: Dress or no Dress is the question

LaTanya, on June 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Saved Save

I wore a white dress to my bridal shower would it be horrible or tacky to change into this dress during the reception???? FH thinks the wow factor is gone??

12 Comments

• Sarah D.
    VIP March 2013
    Sarah D. ·

I was one of the girls who refused to change out of my dress but if it would be more comfortable for you, then I say go for it. I doubt many would remember or realize its the same.

• Hot chocolate
    VIP November 2013
    Hot chocolate ·

I agree with your FH. you already wore it to your Shower. you need a new dress or wear your wedding dress. then again its up to you. your wedding your way.

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·

Maybe you could use it more as a "going away" dress? Keep your wedding dress on throughout the reception, but change into the other dress just before leaving. A little old fashioned, but may make more sense for a dress that has already been worn.

• ForeverMyLove
    Master December 2014
    ForeverMyLove ·

It's not the same, but I am wearing the same dress for my shower and rehearsal dinner. I agree with Barbara. You can wear it again as your going away dress.

Can you show us a picture of you in your shower dress?

• Lillian
    VIP November 2013
    Lillian ·

I agree with your FH.

• Michele
    Super July 2013
    Michele ·

I agree with wearing it for your going away dress.

• AlmostMrsJ
    Dedicated May 2014
    AlmostMrsJ ·

I already know ill be one that refused to change out of my dress... That being said, I think it's perfectly acceptable to do any of these ideas. Do whatever you want, and whatever makes you most comfortable. If I saw someone wearing the same dress at the reception as their shower, I wouldn't think it's tacky at all. Besides, most of your guests didn't see you in that dress anyway, and those who attended your shower are likely friends or family anyway.,, so I'd hope they wouldn't judge you like that. If that's what you wanna do, I say go for it!

• Kyle
    Super May 2019
    Kyle ·

Can you add a belt over it, or an accessory that might pop and give the dress a different look?

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·

Could you wear it for your rehearsal instead?

• Tywanda
    Dedicated May 2014
    Tywanda ·

I think you can do whatever you want, its your day so do you.

I am changing into another dress after the do things at the reception and than it's be comfortable and party.....

oh and no I do not think it's tacky to wear the same dress......

• ToBe❤Mrs.Lopez
    Super October 2015
    ToBe❤Mrs.Lopez ·

Like Chrissy said maybe wear it to rehearsal and I also agree with your husband there is no wow factor for it at the wedding

• Melissa
    Devoted August 2014
    Melissa ·

I would pick another dress that is just me, if you like it then wear it

Comment on this discussion