You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

Nurina
Just Said Yes October 2014

Plus size brides (what looks good) Show you're stuff!!!!

Nurina, on October 28, 2013 at 9:28 PM Posted in Fitness and Health 0 64
Saved Save

I know i have a ways to go considering i have a little under a year to go till i say "i do" but i've never even seen a real plus size bride outside of models. I'm feeling bad about myself (weight) anyone willing to show there selves in dresses to give me some idea's and motivation? Thanks

64 Comments

• MrsHicks
    Master June 2014
    MrsHicks ·
    • Flag

Marina I am plus size (dress size 18) and I would be glad to show you a pic! There are plenty of dresses that compliment us plus size ladies.

• Kate
    Master December 2013
    Kate ·
    • Flag

MrsHicks are you for real with your plus size? Girl you look down right skinny on that picture. You have a great shape

• Leanna
    VIP March 2014
    Leanna ·
    • Flag

I am a size 20-24 depending on who the designer is. Here is my dress :-) Like mrs.hicks said there are plenty of dresses that will make you look amazing no matter what your size. Own that dress :-)

Btw remember that dresses run small ! I am not a 20 in reg clothes. Damn dresses make me feel fat

• R
    Expert October 2014
    Rachelroni ·
    • Flag

My dress is a 22w. It's all about getting one that supports your body type! Go out there and try some on, you will be pleasantly surprised! The undergarments do wonders.

Here is mine Smiley smile

• Courtney
    VIP September 2014
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Where did you ladies try dresses on at? I've heard wedding dresses run much smaller and am concerned (I'm regularly a size 18) that wedding dress shops won't have many options for me to try on in the store. Was that a problem for any of you?

• Lexie
    Devoted September 2014
    Lexie ·
    • Flag

I am a size 16 and my MOH standing next me is a size 2 -_-

I got mine at davids bridal. My dress is the same size as my normal clothes and fit perfect.

• Leanna
    VIP March 2014
    Leanna ·
    • Flag

My shop was one that I found on a whim - google actually. Went in randomly and was extremely happy

• Nurina
    Nurina ·
    • Flag

Wow you guys alllll look amazing. This is making me feel tons better!

• MrsHicks
    Master June 2014
    MrsHicks ·
    • Flag

Kate I wish, the dress just really pulls me in and that was what I really loved about it.

• PattyCakes
    Super June 2014
    PattyCakes ·
    • Flag

You have to consider that wedding dresses are very very well constructed. I always have trouble finding regular dresses and clothes that sit right on me and look okay. To be honest, I was a little nervous about wedding dress shopping too, my size varies (I'm about a size 14 but I have an over DD bust... so I had to go up a size and will alter the waist in). Anyways, I LOVED every single dress I tried on.

David's Bridal has a LOT of plus size options and they give you shapewear to try on with the dresses. I could only fit into their plus sizes and found about 10 dresses from their options that I liked enough to try on.

• OMW
    Master August 2013
    OMW ·
    • Flag

I'm a 24 normally and my dress is a 24- it was true to size. I have a smaller waist (compared to hips and bust) and so I wanted to accentuate that.

• A
    Master April 2014
    Aleykit* ·
    • Flag

I wear a size 18-20, but my I had to get my dress in a size 26, because of my full chest. I am almost at a DD cup. :-/ I love my dress though, it makes me feel so beautiful! <3

• JustMarried'14
    Master September 2014
    JustMarried'14 ·
    • Flag

These are all so gorgeous! i am getting so excited to go dress shopping in february

• Kelly H
    Super November 2013
    Kelly H ·
    • Flag

I'm plus size and Im getting married on Saturday. I will be posting pictures. Watch for my back and married.

I struggle with my body image, but have no doubt I will strut my stuff this weekend. If there was ever a time to just go for it, its your wedding day. I keep telling myself he loves all of me.

• OMW
    Master August 2013
    OMW ·
    • Flag

When I first got engaged, I wanted to drop like 60 pounds. Then I said, "F*** it. Whatever. My FH loves me and everyone knows what I look like. Why pretend to be something I'm not."

I'm still going to eat healthier, but whatever happens will happen. And I LOVE my dress.

• A
    Master April 2014
    Aleykit* ·
    • Flag

@Erica- I love your attitude! Smiley smile

• OMW
    Master August 2013
    OMW ·
    • Flag

Stick me in a dress with sleeves and I'm a happy camper. :-)

• Nurina
    Nurina ·
    • Flag

@Erica your right. I mean i've been a confident plus size girl my whole life im not sure why when it comes to the whole wedding thing I'm so stressed. :/ guess i'll get over it as time goes by9

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

I'm a size 18. Here is my dress.

• Theresa Beale
    Master November 2014
    Theresa Beale ·
    • Flag

I have tried on dresses at David's Bridal twice now. I found 2 dresses that I really like but don't love. I am heading to Alfredo Angelo tomorrow, I am hoping I find something I love. I'd like to have my dress ordered within the next few months. I am thinking that I want to go to Alfredo's by myself first and narrow down the dresses and then ask mom, sister (AKA MOH) and FFMIL to help me decide. Also, it really stinks that most bridal gowns are 2 sizes larger than "street" clothes. Those numbers really matter to me!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics