Cindy
Beginner April 2019

Please help me choose my dream dress

Cindy, on November 4, 2018 at 3:32 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 25
Saved Save

Hi there

I am stuck between these to dresses. I love them both. The one that is strapless has the most amazing train - The other one has the most amazing sleeves and lace. I really am stuck. Please note that the wedding is in August in South Africa so it might be a little cold. Please help me pic. I included side by side pics.

Left or Right ? Please help me choose my dream dress 1

Sleeves or no sleeves Please help me choose my dream dress 2

The Trein or no treinPlease help me choose my dream dress 3

25 Comments

• K
    Expert September 2019
    K.glass ·
    I love the sleeves and back of that dress but love the front of the strapless dress and the belt.
  • Cindy
    Beginner April 2019
    Cindy ·

Please note that both dresses will still need to go for alterations to fit perfectly

• Cindy
    Beginner April 2019
    Cindy ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you Kristi, but if you could only pic one, which one would you pic for me ?

• K
    Expert September 2019
    K.glass ·
    If i had to choose 1 id say the one w sleeves
  • Cynthia's and Robert  Wedding Day
    VIP September 2020
    Cynthia's and Robert Wedding Day ·
    Left , no sleeves, and train.
  • Dedicated March 2019
    ·
    Sleeveless
  • Robert's Wife
    Expert December 2018
    Robert's Wife ·
    Sleeves for me.
  • Dannika
    Dedicated August 2020
    Dannika ·
    The lace on the one with sleeves is absolutely gorgeous!!! The neckline is flattering. The back is beautiful! I’d pick sleeves. But you’re going to be beautiful in whatever you pick
  • S
    Dedicated June 2019
    Stephanie ·
    1000% the one with the lace and sleeves in my opinion.
  • Rachel
    Super July 2019
    Rachel ·
    My vote it for the strapless!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    Strapless (you can get a wrap if it’s cold & it’ll look nice for pics too).
  • Eamsee
    Super June 2019
    Eamsee ·

Oh wow, I see your dilemma. They both have beautiful details and are very different. I honestly really like both and I think either one will look beautiful, but I think I would go with the strapless. Accessories can really change the look and really pull the whole look together. I can picture you having a cathedral lace trimmed veil to compliment that gorgeous train and maybe a white faux fur wrap or lace bolero if it will be on the colder side.

• Christina
    Dedicated October 2019
    Christina ·
    Love the long sleeve dress!
  • S
    Devoted December 2018
    Sarah ·
    I was all for the dress with sleeves until I saw the back. Completely changed my mind to the sleeveless dress (you can always have your seamstress add sleeves if you really want them).
  • HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·

I don't know what it is, but in these pics, you seem to be more comfortable in the sleeveless dress pics. That would get my vote.

• Littlebride
    Dedicated January 2020
    Littlebride ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Same. And when I saw the train in the sleeves one, I fell for that one.

Sleeveless dress is my vote
  • Brianda
    Dedicated June 2019
    Brianda ·

With sleeves

• Cindy
    Beginner April 2019
    Cindy ·

It is very hard for me but thank you ladies , you have helped me a little. I do love the sleeves though . I cried when I tried that one on, I feel like a princess, but everyone tells me the sleeves one looks better.

DressPlease help me choose my dream dress 4

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·

Hi Cindy! I personally LOVE the dress with the sleeves! I think that the detail is breathtaking, and the lace on the bodice itself is so gorgeous! I think the dress is more unique than the strapless one, and really compliments your figure! Also, where in South Africa will you be getting married? My sister just attended a wedding in Cape Town, and the wedding was breathtaking! Can't wait to hear more details!

• Cindy
    Beginner April 2019
    Cindy ·
    View Quoted Comment

Wow thank you so much - We are getting married in Johannesburg at a place called Tres Jolie

https://www.tresjolie.co.za/

Comment on this discussion