Glenda
Master October 2013

Plan B Honeymood booked...

Glenda, on August 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 8
Saved Save

So for a year, FH and I had planned that we'd do our honeymoon in Nov. to Chile. I'd found a cool trip called "Romantic Honeymoon Adventure" that visited several wine regions and included all sorts of wine and foodie activities (tastings, pairings, picnics, fancy meals, vineyard tours) as well as horseback riding, massages, hiking, etc.

Reality finally started setting in that it's Aug., and FH's health and mobility aren't improving nearly as quickly as we hoped or expected. Even if we went in Dec. or early Jan. instead, we'd be unable to take advantage of the full itinerary.

I saw Travel Zoo advertising a discounted voucher for a special seven-day 'Wine, Dine, and Music' cruise and booked that instead. After several days of mourning the idea of our fabulous plans for Chile, I'm starting to get a little excited about the cruise. There are 7 wineries from Napa and Sonoma (Dry Creek) involved with it, so it includes a bottle of wine EVERY DAY.

Cont.

8 Comments

• Glenda
    Master October 2013
    Glenda ·
    • Flag

So the cruise advertising says, "Set sail on a weeklong Caribbean cruise alongside highly acclaimed chefs, award-winning wineries and platinum-selling recording artists for an unforgettable experience at sea."

Kenny Loggins and Three Dog Night are performing... There'll be stops in Grand Caymen, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. Hopefully FH will get his port out before the wedding so we can snorkel! If not, we'll find other activities...

Anyway as mentioned, I'm trying to get more excited about it...

• Private User
    Super February 2014
    Private User ·
    • Flag

I think the cruise sounds fabulous! Chile will still be there when he's felling better. Might be a great anniversary trip! Hope he gets well soon.

• Just Reenski
    Master December 2012
    Just Reenski ·
    • Flag

Sounds like a drunken good time, LOL!! I stopped in Costa Maya for a cruise once, I would recommend visiting some Mayan ruins if you can't snorkel. I don't remember off the top of my head which ruins we went to, but it was really cool.

• Glenda
    Master October 2013
    Glenda ·
    • Flag

Thanks, Christina. Yes, we've said that perhaps Chile can be an anniversary trip...

• Glenda
    Master October 2013
    Glenda ·
    • Flag

Reenski, if and when you have time to figure out which ones you went to and liked, let me know. I know Mayan ruins are an option too during the stop in Cozumel so visiting them in one of the two places will be on the agenda...

We also saw that there are shore excursions that are something like going down in a submarine to view the sea life, so we might do that on one of the stops too. :-)

• Just Reenski
    Master December 2012
    Just Reenski ·
    • Flag

I can't find it. Smiley sad Apparently Carnival has changed the excursion since I went (or changed how I can look at them.) There were two choices when I went, back in 2011 -- one set of ruins were a bit smaller but closer to the ship so we got back in time to still enjoy the beach. I want to say the name of the ruins starter with a T -- maybe Tulum? Don't quote me on it.

Maybe Chacchoben? Obviously my memory sucks.

• Glenda
    Master October 2013
    Glenda ·
    • Flag

Royal Caribbean lists two or three Mayan ruins from Costa Maya, but none that start with a T. They offer an excursion to Tulum though from Cozumel. It's still kind of in the same vicinity so that may've been where you went!

• Glenda
    Master October 2013
    Glenda ·
    • Flag

Chacchoben is an option in Costa Maya.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics