Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Beginner December 2023

Photo Booth

Rebecca, on November 29, 2022 at 3:18 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 6
I would love to have a photo booth since I hear everyone say it’s a big hit at Weddings. I’m afraid I won’t be able to afford one but I would love to still have one or something like it. What are your suggestions?

6 Comments

Latest activity by JA, on December 3, 2022 at 11:40 AM
  • V
    Rockstar July 2019
    Veronica Online ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Our DJ offered a photo booth and it was cheaper to package the two services together as he offered a package deal for his services. It was a huge hit at our wedding.
  • Kelly
    Rockstar October 2023
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

You could get some props from the dollar store and a polaroid. Or you could get a photo printer that connects with smartphones.

• Michelle
    Rockstar December 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Many djs offer them as an add on cheaper than an independent company will charge. I would not invest in DIY supplies unless you plan to have a side business after the wedding to get your money’s worth.
  • E
    Devoted February 2023
    Elycia ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Our DJ offered a photo booth for an extra $700. Another thing you can look at is having a selfie station where you still get a backdrop and some props (you can DIY) and then set up a tripod with an ipad or for people to put their own phones in. There are tons of companies that have simple setups like that if you dont want to worry about doing it yourself.

• Erin
    Rockstar May 2022
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Getting it through your DJ is the way to go. As previous posters said, it’s cheaper that way and they bring all the props so you don’t have to DIY anything. We were very pleased with ours. His assistant even put together a scrapbook of people’s photos throughout the night for us.
  • JA
    Expert March 2022
    JA ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

A selfie station might be your best bet to keep cost low. I would get a battery operated ring light/phone stand (around 4-5 feet tall is good) Then there will be good lighting and makes it easy to take photos without guests having to ask someone to take the pic for them.

For a bit more money you could do a polaroid camera or a mini or 4x6 photo printer that connects to guests phones

And like others said, bundling with another vendor typically will make it cheaper if you want a hired vendor

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics