Evelyn
Savvy September 2019

Photo Booth Question ! How many hours ?!

Evelyn, on May 3, 2019 at 1:44 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 12
Saved Save
How many hours are you going to book ? I was thinking 3 or 4 hours not sure . And what time should It start ? Cocktail starts at 6-7 PM and Grand Entrance / Toast / First Dance starts at 7:15 PM and Dinner 7:30PM . What do you think ??

12 Comments

• Ramier J
    Dedicated July 2019
    Ramier J ·
    • Flag
    I think it depends on your budget. 3-4 hours would give guests plenty of time to enjoy the booth if that’s what you chose. As far as when to start, I think it’s nice for guests to wonder to the photobooth during cocktail hour. However, keep in mind they won’t likely use it during dinner.
  • Patience
    Devoted October 2019
    Patience ·
    • Flag
    We are having ours for 3 hours cocktail hour is 4-5 dinner 5:15-6:30 and the photo booth will be open from 6-9 reception ends at 10
  • Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    We're having ours for the entire cocktail hour and reception, 5 hours.
  • CDickman
    VIP September 2019
    CDickman ·
    • Flag
    We are just doing it for two hours but It was a extra.
  • Iva
    Super September 2019
    Iva ·
    • Flag
    In my opinion cocktail hour is the best time to have photo booth, since the guests are just hanging out & mingling. I don’t think anybody will be using it during entrance / toasts / dinner / cake cutting / first dances. The other time they will likely use it is after all of this, during dancing part towards the end of the wedding. If you’re on a budget, I’d have it during cocktail hour. If budget is not an issue have it the whole time.
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

From my experience, people are more likely to use the photo booth and take silly pictures after they've had a few drinks (loosens them up). We are debating on a photo booth as well. If we are able to get one, I'm thinking about having it after dinner.

• Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    I was speaking with a company about getting one and they said the standard is 4 hours. We will be having cocktail hour in a different location than the reception so they won’t have access to it until dinner. Our reception will be 4 hours (not including cocktail hour) so that’s the length we will get.
  • C
    Super July 2019
    Crystal ·
    • Flag
    Mine is for 5 hours which matches the length of the reception
  • Adamay
    Savvy May 2020
    Adamay ·
    • Flag

I'm having mine for 4 hours! Our timeline is very similar to yours:

Cocktail Hour - 6-7pm (photobooth)

Dinner - 7pm- 8pm (no photobooth)

Dancing - 8pm-11pm (photobooth)

We were able to pay for the hour "idle time" for an additional $25. I thought this would be better since we wouldn't want people taking photos during dinner time. Maybe you can ask your photobooth person if they can do the same Smiley smile

• Tara
    Expert June 2019
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    We are booking for the full time. Even our vendor thought it would be weird to set up or break down in the middle of the reception.
  • L
    Just Said Yes July 2017
    Les and Wendy ·
    • Flag

Seriously, 2.5 to 3 is all you need. After that you just get more of the same. Open it mid way thru dinner and let it run till the end. Soundwave Entertainment, Orlando

• Jess
    Super September 2019
    Jess ·
    • Flag

We are doing a 4 hour photobooth from 6:30-10:30. This allows the photobooth to open a little into dinner so for those who eat quick can catch it right at the beginning but then it is also open for the remainder of the reception for those who want to eat and dance first before enjoying the photobooth. I think it depends on how long your reception is and the amount of "open dance floor time" there is. We are doing all our dances and toasts before dinner so once dinner and the photobooth opens there is nothing else to stop people from dancing, talking, and enjoyinh the photobooth.

Comment on this discussion