Jessica
Super September 2011

pew decorations?

Jessica, on January 20, 2011 at 11:05 AM Posted in Planning

What are all of you using for pew decorations? I have no idea what to do, i dont want bows and i cant afford pomanders. any ideas ladies?

Share:

15 Comments

• Nik_McAwesomepants
    Master October 2011
    Nik_McAwesomepants ·

What's your theme? What does the venue look like?

• Jessica
    Super September 2011
    Jessica ·

My theme is a love story. the ceremony is at just a regular catholic church, nothing spectacular. our reception is at tonawanda castle. we are naming all the tables after our favorite books.

• Jessica
    Super September 2011
    Jessica ·

Please help

• Konichiwa
    Master January 2010
    Konichiwa ·

Here are a few ideas

• Konichiwa
    Master January 2010
    Konichiwa ·

Here are a couple more options. I know you said you didn't want to use bows, but the second picture would go with your romantic book theme. And the third would be a way to dress up the bow. The first pic you could use an inexpensive flower like carnations (they have a bad rap, but they come in a gazillion colors and are inexpensive) to create an inexpensive pew decoration.

• Greyash
    Master March 2011
    Greyash ·

I made the tissue pomanders and they came out really cute, I think I spent about $30 for all of the supplies. However it's pretty time consuming.

• Jessica
    Super September 2011
    Jessica ·

@greyash, how many did you make for that much. the church has like 30 pews i want to say... so even if i did every other pew, it would be 30 to have one on each side.

• Greyash
    Master March 2011
    Greyash ·

WOW that's a lot of pews! I only made 6, but I had probably enough tissue paper and ribbon for about 3-5 more. I'm only having 30 people at the ceremony so I only needed 6, 3 for each side skipping rows. There will be the empty rows towards the back but I'm not worried about that. I think 30 of these pomanders would be a LOT of work, I only made six and I was exhausted. I ended up making about 25 flowers per pomander so that would be hard to do.

• Greyash
    Master March 2011
    Greyash ·

Maybe you could just do something simple since there are so many pews, I found these on ebay. There white bows you can put on the pews and there's 20 for $20

• Greyash
    Master March 2011
    Greyash ·

Oops here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-WHITE-PEW-BOWS-WEDDING-RECEPTION-DECORATIONS-/170591696759?pt=Ribbons_Bows&hash=item27b80eb777

• Jessica
    Super September 2011
    Jessica ·

Those are all really cute ideas, anyone else?

• Jessica
    Dedicated May 2011
    Jessica ·

I am alternating with bows, and small bouquets. I didn't want the look of all bows cause thats ALOT of bows! but I wanted the touch of color with the flowers.

• D
    Just Said Yes June 1991
    Deanna ·

Though I have been married for nearly 20 years, I am currently doing wedding decor for new brides. When looking at wedding sites, I came across this blog, and thought I would share a picture of the pew decorations I just came up with and put together for an upcoming wedding I am working on. These pew decorations were very inexpensive (less than $1.50 each in materials) and very simple to put together (about 10 minutes each plus time for paint to dry).

• D
    Just Said Yes June 1991
    Deanna ·

If you are interested in knowing how to make these email me at deanna.dodd@att.net, and I would be glad to send you step by step instructions.

• Rebecca Hassee
    May 2019
    Rebecca Hassee ·

Just now finding this forum but am excited to offer 25 beautiful ideas. My company held the World's First Pew Decorating Competition this past September and saw some truly creative and inspiring decorations. From Simple to Crazy Busy - there was a lot of beauty there that night!

Please see it on our site and blog!

site: http://www.rentpews.com/P-E-W-S--Decorating-Competition.html

blog: http://outdoorpews.wordpress.com/2012/09/

Here are a few exciting ideas to wet your appetite!

Let us know what you think!

Comment on this discussion