Erika
Devoted October 2016

Paris Honeymoon!

Erika, on May 16, 2016 at 9:58 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 23
Saved Save

My future in laws are getting us a paris honeymoon, and i've never been out of the country; my fiance has.

I dont have my passport yet

Is it too late to get it? And if not how do I go about getting it? I've heard you have to make an appointment at the post office.

23 Comments

• Christine
    Master October 2015
    Christine ·
    • Flag

When is your honeymoon? You can get your passport expedited, not sure how quickly you get it though.

• Erika
    Devoted October 2016
    Erika ·
    • Flag

I believe they're planning for the Monday after the wedding. so leave on the 3rd of October.

• Caroline
    VIP September 2016
    Caroline ·
    • Flag

If you are going in October you still have time. FH got me a trip to Paris for Christmas 2 years ago. He applied for his passport in January, had it expedited, and got it back in February before we left in March for the trip. That sounds like a wonderful honeymoon, I hope you have a great time!

• Kels
    Master August 2016
    Kels ·
    • Flag

Yay Paris! I would go today & pay to get it expedited.

Only certain post offices do passport submissions. And only certain offices will take the photo for you (for an extra charge)

So make sure it's an office with both photo & submissions. They normally only have a small window of hours to like 1-3 or something so check!

Have fun in Paris!

Make sure to do you maiden name on the plane tickets because you won't have time to change your name on passport before going!

• BookcaseHat
    Master July 2017
    BookcaseHat ·
    • Flag

You can get the passport application forms here: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html

You can apply for your passport in-person, but it's not necessary. You can just mail in the forms, your photo, a proof of citizenship (i.e. a copy of your birth certificate), and the payment. You can get photos taken at Walmart of the UPS store, if your local post office doesn't do it.

• The
    Devoted July 2016
    The ·
    • Flag

Its not too late, I would apply soon though. There are also offices that will give you your passport the same day (you have to make an appointment in advance and pay major expediting fees). The latter is worst case scenario, but you should be fine Smiley smile

• Laura Frazier
    February 2020
    Laura Frazier ·
    • Flag

Paris is an amazing destination! Have you started planning the details yet?

You have plenty of time to get your passport. But I would recommend that you do it soon!

• Mrs.massiah2be
    Super February 2017
    Mrs.massiah2be ·
    • Flag

You have time a passport takes 6-8 weeks. You can only get an expedited passport if you're taveling within 2 weeks and you need to give them a copy of your airline tickets. I got mine expedited, received it within 5 days but I was traveling the very next day. Good luck

• S&P
    Master January 2017
    S&P ·
    • Flag

You have time for a passport, but I'd do it now just to be sure. If you're changing your name you can do it without paying again within a year of getting your passport.

Paris is my favorite! Have fun!

• Molly
    Expert July 2016
    Molly ·
    • Flag

For France your passport has to be valid for 6 months before you enter and at least valid for another 3 months beyond your planned departure date. You can go to the courthouse and get it with no appointment(at least here you can) i would get it now and expedite it. Paris is a stop on our honeymoon! So excited!Smiley smile

• Deb
    VIP January 2017
    Deb ·
    • Flag

Paris is amazing! I loved it.

• OurAdventureBegins
    VIP October 2016
    OurAdventureBegins ·
    • Flag

How romantic! So happy for you guys! You have time but not a lot - get on it!!

• T-Rex
    Master August 2013
    T-Rex ·
    • Flag

I love Paris. I've been three times.

Don't eat out at fancy restaurants all the time. Find little markets (street markets, farmer's markets, etc.) and grab bread, cheese, meats, and stuff and picnic a lot. Super romantic, less expensive, and you get to be a part of the city more.

Enjoy!

• Erika
    Devoted October 2016
    Erika ·
    • Flag

Thank you Ladies!

• TAC
    Dedicated May 2016
    TAC ·
    • Flag

You're going to really enjoy it!

If you decide to do an expediting service, please make sure to do your research and read reviews!

I highly suggest American Visa of DC -- you can fedex with them, and I have used them multiple times for myself and my company.

• NowASeptMrs
    Master September 2015
    NowASeptMrs ·
    • Flag

Make sure you do your maiden name on airline tickets and passport! You can change your passport free with in a year of issue so I would get it now to make sure you have it and then you'll have time when you get back to get a new one! You won't have time to change your name after marriage on it before you leave.

• Amy
    Super June 2016
    Amy ·
    • Flag

Just got mine last week. Here in colorado you go to the municipal county building not the post office, check with your local area. We expedited ours and had them in less than 2 weeks

• Jessica
    VIP August 2016
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

I don't have answers to your other questions but that is really exciting!!

• Ayesha
    Super October 2016
    Ayesha ·
    • Flag

Right...no need to expedite. I went to my local DMV, dropped off my paper work, and 15 days later, my passport arrived. The website quotes 6 to 8 weeks, so you have time, but don't wait long.

• Jen D.
    VIP May 2017
    Jen D. ·
    • Flag

Apply now and expedite it and you should be just fine! That's so exciting! You'll have an amazing time.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics