Karen & Rene
VIP March 2012

Pardon my ignorance...but help me out!

Karen & Rene, on July 25, 2011 at 2:26 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 26
Saved Save

Ok so I am lost as to whether to have my FH wear the same color suit as his GM & BM, or if he should wear something different as to stand out.

We are having a very small BP, just BM, MOH, Bridesmaid and GM.

My colors are silver and ivory.

Should I have them all in silver suits and have different tie, or different suit color for FH?, or all the same? I'm lost

26 Comments

• Anjuli
    Expert August 2011
    Anjuli ·
    • Flag

Mine are in the same color suits but fh has different vest on as well as hes the only one in a bowtie, and with color pocket squares.

• Abiti
    VIP June 2012
    Abiti ·
    • Flag

My FH is wearing ivory vest to match my dress and GM are wearing fuschia vests to match my BMs

• Analy aka T-waffle
    Master October 2009
    Analy aka T-waffle ·
    • Flag

Have you asked him what he thinks?

• Shellie
    VIP July 2012
    Shellie ·
    • Flag

Normally the groom wears something a little different to stand out. But it may be the same suit- just a different colored vest or even just a different colored hankie.

My FH will be wearing his ballroom dance tux while all the other guys will be in a normal tux, so he will look different because of that.

• Cayla
    Super August 2011
    Cayla ·
    • Flag

My FH is wearing a white tux

• Nancy Taussig
    February 2020
    Nancy Taussig ·
    • Flag

You could have FH in black suit & groomsmen in gray or reverse it.

You could have all of them in the same color suit, but a different color tie & vest for FH.

• Susy
    VIP September 2011
    Susy ·
    • Flag

I am with Analy - what does he want? For ours my FH top concern was keeping the cost down for the guys in the wedding, so he is wearing a grey tux - which looks way better on him, but eveyrone else is wearing black because they are less money. Its all about what the two of yuo want.

• Jennifer
    Expert September 2011
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Normally groom is different or wears something that makes him stand out, like an accent color (his tie, etc).

• Pumpkin's Sunshine
    Master October 2011
    Pumpkin's Sunshine ·
    • Flag

My FH wanted a purple tux. For real. I was SO DISAPPOINTED when I found that Men's Wearhouse didn't have one.

So it will be black tuxes for all with some kind of difference in the vest/tie to make FH stand out.

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

I hope you mean gray suit and not silver...

Up to you on what look the two of you want. Him to REALLY stand out with a different color suit. Or just have a different tie/vest and different boutonniere to stand out.

• Tiffany
    Expert September 2011
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag

Our colors are purple and silver. All men (grooms men, groom, fathers) will have the same tux. The grooms men will have silver vests and ties, the groom will have a white vest and tie, and the fathers will have a black vest and tie.

• Julean
    VIP May 2011
    Julean ·
    • Flag

My hubby wore the same Tux components in the same colors as his GM, but he wore different shoes and a Fedora to set himself apart. We did not do full tuxes, either. Just the pants, vests & Euro ties. And shirts, of course Smiley winking

• Karen & Rene
    VIP March 2012
    Karen & Rene ·
    • Flag

Yes I meant gray, sorry about that one! I asked him, he says he trusts my judgement since I always layout his clothes anyway. So, he will pick out the suits but will leave the color scheme to me :/

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

Do you want him lighter gray and them charcoal?

Him ivory and them gray?

All a light gray?

All a charcoal?

• Patrice
    Expert March 2012
    Patrice ·
    • Flag

Yay.... I finally have a date twin!!!!!! Twin I think the suit should be the same, but your FH should have a little something"extra'" to make him stand out...

• Karen & Rene
    VIP March 2012
    Karen & Rene ·
    • Flag

Ok ladies thank you for clearing this out, I had no idea of what was the norm or even if there was one.

I think we will just have same color suits, and different color tie.

@ Patrice- Date Twin yay!! finally I have a date twin Smiley smile

• Patrice
    Expert March 2012
    Patrice ·
    • Flag

Karen I like the idea Hayley gave with your FH wearing a lighter gray and the GM's wearing a darker one... It looks really nice.... In fact I think I will steal that idea, thanks Hayley!!!!

• Karen & Rene
    VIP March 2012
    Karen & Rene ·
    • Flag

Thank you so much Hayley! once again, you rock ! Smiley smile

I will have him wear the lighter gray and the BP charcoal.

I love the look <3

• EdieKristen
    Master March 2013
    EdieKristen ·
    • Flag

Our GMs are all going to wear black suits and purple ties, FH is going to wear a black suit with pinstripes and a purple tie. Also, the GMs will have green orchid boutonnieres and FH will have a white one.

• Mrs. Clark aka Mrs Awesomepants
    Master November 2011
    Mrs. Clark aka Mrs Awesomepants ·
    • Flag

Our guys will have the same suits but different color vests and ties...FH will have black, BM will have hot pink, the others turquoise

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics