H
Just Said Yes August 2019

Overwhemed

Heidi, on April 8, 2019 at 11:42 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 4
Saved Save
Hey Y'All. I'm starting to look at wedding dresses and I'm SO overwhemed. I only have a short period before the wedding, quick turn-around from engagement, so I have to move quick. I want a poofy big gown, my man wants a slim dress so "he can be near me"...looking for advice!
Thank You!

4 Comments

• Gen
    Rockstar June 2019
    Gen ·

My advice is to go to a bridal shop and try dresses on to see what looks good on you! You may be surprised at what you end up liking because dresses look so different on different people. There were so many that I saw online that I thought I loved, but when I tried them on, they just didn't do anything for me. I thought I wanted a spaghetti-strap slim dress but ended up with a strapless a-line that looked way better that I would've imagined!

As for the poofy vs. slim fit debate lol, maybe try some A-lines because that's sort of in between!

• Victoria
    Super May 2019
    Victoria ·
    I agree that you’ll never know what you really like until it’s on you! I saw a dress on the rack that I couldn’t imagine myself in, but tried it on just to see. That ended up being my dress! I would call shops around you to make sure their dresses can be ordered and altered in time.
  • Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica Online ·

Don't be overwhelmed! I found a dress that I would have never thought I would have liked and walked out with it the same day as it was in my size Just start.. one step at a time!

• H
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Heidi ·
    Thanks ladies! I made an appointment on wed to go try some on and will go from there! Appreciate it very much!

Comment on this discussion