Jessica
Savvy May 2013

Outdoor wedding ceremony decorations?

Jessica, on January 18, 2011 at 3:09 PM Posted in Planning

I want something simple and cheap to decorate for an oudoor wedding. i dont know where to start! something just going down the aisle in the middle?

Share:

16 Comments

• Jessica
    Savvy May 2013
    Jessica ·

Im thinking maybe pomander balls(kissing balls) on posts maybe...not sure.

• dragonfly726
    Master October 2011
    dragonfly726 ·

Here's a pic of what we plan to do for ours. We also bought an arch from a yard sale (they carry them at Hobby Lobby and Michaels also) that we are going to decorate with floral garlands.

• Jennifer
    Master June 2011
    Jennifer ·

Im still considering on taking 2 terra cotta pots, stacking them, and potting a pretty flower in the top one. I priced it out and im thinking it will cost about 50 bucks to do.

• Rachel W. de L.
    VIP June 2011
    Rachel W. de L. ·

Don't know your colours... but if you're doing yellow (lemon), green (lime), or orange (duh, lol)... you might think about hitting up some bulk fruit sellers and trying something like this.

http://www.helencarterweddings.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/lemon-aisle.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E_i8r6wAuz0/TPdhHZqcAeI/AAAAAAAAAzU/LtpvFEcNLv0/s1600/lemon+aisle.jpg

• Jackie
    Super March 2012
    Jackie ·

@ dragonfly726 I LOVE THOSE!!!! I would so do that if I was having an outside ceremony!!!!

• Will be Mrs B
    VIP October 2011
    Will be Mrs B ·

We are doing bows on the side of the chairs (aisle) and then flowers in the aisle

• Laura
    Dedicated October 2011
    Laura ·

I am doing pumpkins that have different size holes in them, but i dont think that will help you. lol but if you decide to do the mason jars hanging from the shepherd's hook... partylite has them online for $3.95. They are in the cyber sale section... good luck!

• Jaemi C. fka Jaemi S. :-)
    Master October 2010
    Jaemi C. fka Jaemi S. :-) ·

@MDLS made some kissing balls. They looked fantastic. Here is an example. http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS352US352&q=kissing balls down asile&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1260&bih=811

• Teacherbride
    Expert March 2011
    Teacherbride ·

I will be using large starfish hung from the chairs

• Christina
    VIP November 2012
    Christina ·

Http://www.save-on-crafts.com/

great website to get cheap decorations and ideas that still look nice!!

• C Robinson
    May 2019
    C Robinson ·

There are a lot of things that you can do for outdoor decor. Depending on the time of year your getting married and also the time of day.

If you like flowers...you can use dried or fresh rose petals to line your walk way. Paper Parasols can also be used to get a great walk way effect. If there are Trees you can hang paper lanterns in your colors or utilize a beaded or Jeweled Curtin. As the other brides have said...kissing balls are great and add a pop of color... Vases that you can get at the dollar store filled with fruit or another vase filler can give a great look. Hurrican vases and candles are great...It just really depends on the look your going for.

I hope this helps

• Margaret Sneddon
    May 2019
    Margaret Sneddon ·

The above photos look beautiful but don't do this unless your guests can access the seats from the sides. Otherwise they will walk on the runner and knock over the decorations as they try to step over them. ;o)

• Margaret Sneddon
    May 2019
    Margaret Sneddon ·

The above photos look beautiful but don't do this unless your guests can access the seats from the side. Otherwise they will walk on the runner and knock over the decorations as they try to step over them. ;o)

• Regina Filangieri
    May 2019
    Regina Filangieri ·

If you are DIYing it, your beat bet is simplicity. Remember to go with the theme of the location... If it's a garden use flowers, if it's a park, green and bows... etc.

If you need any outdoor decor made, please contact us!

www.magicbeyondmidnight.com

info@magicbeyondmidnight.com

Creating platinum events without the platinum pricetag!

Good Luck!

• Cassandra Perry
    May 2019
    Cassandra Perry ·

Check out www.housepasture.com under the Weddings tab. The location is so beautiful you don't need decorations! But House Pasture can surely help you find just what you need if you want!

• J
    Beginner July 2010
    Jessica ·

We used petal cones adorned with a chandelier crystal filled with hydrangeas and roses inside. For our vintage themed wedding. Paper lace parasols and chairs dressed simply with a sash and flower clip really set the scene.

Comment on this discussion