ASMini914
Super September 2019

Out of State Shower

ASMini914, on May 1, 2019 at 6:23 PM Posted in Parties and Events 0 3
Saved Save
Hi all,

My mom is hosting a shower for us, we live in MA and she lives in IL. I'm really excited because quite a few guests who have said they will not be able to travel to MA to celebrate with us WILL be able to attend the shower (almost all of my family lives in IL).

That being said, we have already received a few gifts for the shower sent directly to our home because the guests know that we live in MA. I know these are intended for the shower because the cards say things like "we can't wait to celebrate you at your shower on June 22nd!".

We have been really good about sending thank you notes right away for these... but my question is how/should I acknowledge these gifts at the shower? I don't want to be rude and open gifts from other people, and have other guests just think that these people gave nothing (will that even happen?!), but I also don't want it to seem like I am flaunting the gifts that we did get.

Has anyone else had a similar situation?

3 Comments

• Sarah
    VIP September 2019
    Sarah Online ·
    I would just approach these people individually while you’re saying hi to everyone and thank them again in person for their gift.
  • Bridget
    VIP August 2019
    Bridget ·

As Sarah said just approach them individually and thank them. I doubt any guest is going to be keeping track of who gave you what or be judgy about it

• WifeyPoo
    Devoted July 2019
    WifeyPoo ·

Maybe you can place a photo display of those items as used in your home in a photo display next to your gift table. something like this:

photo displayOut of State Shower 1

Comment on this discussion