Jeanette
VIP October 2012

opinion about dress

Jeanette, on December 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 44
Saved Save

As many of you know I was having a very frustrating time finding a dress. I went to a shop today and tried on a dress that I love (Didn't get's picks cause my camera battery died so sad) Anyway my mom and sister love it and it's kind of what I wanted. Its a little different but still close. When I sent the pics to my fmil and fsil they both hated it and say it isn't wedding enough. Do you think their opinions matter. I want something really different here is designers picture of the dress

44 Comments

• Stephanie ♥
    VIP September 2012
    Stephanie ♥ ·

Their opinions so don't matter! it is beautiful :]. your opinion [& sometimes whoever is paying for it if you're not] is all that matters.

• Monica
    Expert May 2012
    Monica ·

That is REALLY pretty. I especially like how it's silver. And the details are great. Honestly if I didn't have my dress already I would probably be asking where you found it. I think if you really like it then you should wear that one even if they think it isn't right for a wedding.

• Merfy Lou
    Master June 2012
    Merfy Lou ·

I think the dress is gorgeous. Are you planning for the silver color? I love it! If you "felt like a bride" I think you should go for it!

• Jeanette
    VIP October 2012
    Jeanette ·

I was originally wanting white with Black details. I think the Silver gray color still sort of fits with this. Our colors are black silver and gold. So this dress is perfect. I never expected to like one this color but its so great. I just don't know.

• Mrs. Strong!!!
    VIP May 2012
    Mrs. Strong!!! ·

Yay! So happy you found one you like. It's your day, if this is the dress you want, then you go for it! It's gorgeous!!!

• Carole M (a.k.a "old tart")
    Master October 2011
    Carole M (a.k.a "old tart") ·

I love it. It is really unique and beautiful. Listen to your heart. You are the one wearing the dress.

• Carole M (a.k.a "old tart")
    Master October 2011
    Carole M (a.k.a "old tart") ·

I love it. It is really unique and beautiful. Listen to your heart. You are the one wearing the dress.

• Anonymous
    VIP October 2012
    Anonymous ·

I think its stunning!

• Legacy
    VIP June 2013
    Legacy ·

I think it's great! I say forget what they say. I'm going for something very different too so I'm sure I'll get some pushback from somebody!

• Invitations-Favors-Reception Accessories 3 Girls Print Design
    October 2019
    Invitations-Favors-Reception Accessories 3 Girls Print Design ·

It's your wedding, YOU will be the bride! The last thing you want is to look back at your wedding photos and say, "I wish I had worn the dress I wanted to wear." Your friends/family are going to offer opinions, but you have to know when to follow your heart! I say, Go for what you want.

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Lauren ·

I think it is beautiful, and I love it!!! Just listen to your heart and go for it!!!

• Mrs. S™
    Master October 2011
    Mrs. S™ ·

It's a beautiful dress and I think it has the same type of effect like the ones you had in the post the other day. When it comes to dresses, I really think it's all about you. So their opinions don't matter. That's also why I told you last time that shopping alone is not a bad thing :-)

You'll look stunning in this!

• Cyndi K
    Master August 2012
    Cyndi K ·

I think it's beautiful!

• Laura
    Expert July 2013
    Laura ·

I think its great, and it is not easy to find the dress i like.

• maliburedneck
    Super March 2012
    maliburedneck ·

Personally I think it's absolutely beautiful. If you feel like a bride in it then no other opinions matter

• Jeanette
    VIP October 2012
    Jeanette ·

Thanks guys I am feeling alot better

• Genevieve
    Super May 2010
    Genevieve ·

Looks like a wedding gown to me. I love it. Maybe fmil & fsil don't realize that the hair, makeup, and accessories (bouquet, veil, jewelry) add to the dress to really make the bridal look complete.

• christine seitz
    October 2019
    christine seitz ·

Gorgeous!!! I love the color. You will look stunning - remember you will have your flowers, headpiece and veil - You will look like a bride!!

• Jeanette
    VIP October 2012
    Jeanette ·

I think it is bridal. It's a wedding dress after all but some of the people in my life seem to think that the color makes it look like just a pretty dress. My FMIL wants me to order it in white ( Which can be done.) I told her that would take away from what I love about it.

• Smokn
    Super June 2012
    Smokn ·

It is amazing! I love the color. Don't let anyone tell you that just because of the color it isn't wedding enough. My dress is gold.

Comment on this discussion