earias
Champion December 2017

One Year Wedding Anniversary!

earias, on December 23, 2018 at 4:22 PM Posted in Married Life 0 31
Saved Save

I can't believe it has been one year already! This year has seen its ups and downs. The biggest up is we finally finished our house remodel. We still have the landscaping to complete but the interior is finally done! It took us over 2 years and we lived in the house while it was down to the studs. We then spent the last year in a tiny RV trailer. Talk about pre-marital counseling in its truest sense! Another big up is we both saw promotions in our respective jobs this year which meant pay raises! We also enjoyed our delayed honeymoon to Maui this past October. We were originally planning a WWII tour of Europe but DH hurt his knee at the beginning of the year and couldn't handle all that walking. So we're planning to go in 5 years to mark the 80th anniversary of D-Day. In some sad news, we learned his brother has stage 4 esophageal cancer. He was our groomsman last year and he and I grew closer in our relationship at the wedding. Also, my favorite kitty passed away earlier this past summer. He was in my life for 17 wonderful years. The end of the year saw DH and I both dealing with some minor health issues. He tore the meniscus in his right knee and I spent 2 weeks in the hospital and 4 weeks on bed rest for pneumonia. So no big anniversary celebration this weekend - just enjoying some relaxing time recuperating at home. I got a turkey in our new oven so wish me luck!

In positive news for our next year of marriage, DH and I are starting the foster-adoption process to adopt from foster care. I was a foster kid so this is near and dear to my heart. This time next year, our house may be full with a couple of kids!

Here is a link to my pro-BAM for those who haven't seen it or who want to see it again. Happy planning and best wishes on your weddings, and happy holidays!

https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/earias-pro-bam-a-christmas-wedding-in-sonoma-pic-and-advice-heavy-vendors-and-cost-breakdown-in-comments/2b9e36042d572060.html

31 Comments

• SummerBrideInAutumn
    VIP October 2019
    SummerBrideInAutumn ·
    Happy anniversary! I’m sorry about your brother-in-law and your precious kitty, but you definitely have a lot to be thankful for. Here’s to many more fabulous years together!
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·

Congratulations, Earias! I'm sorry you've had such a challenging year, but always appreciate your positive spirit. Your wedding a year ago was gorgeous and I'm glad you've stuck around to share your supportive, but strong "voice of reason" responses to posts. Best wishes with the adoption! We were "older" parents ourselves -- 36 & 44 -- when our now 23 year old "miracle baby" was born. For us, it has truly been life's greatest adventure -- and in less that 4 weeks that "baby" is getting married!

• Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    Happy Anniversary!! I’m sorry about the troubles that have come to you guys this year. Enjoy trying to relax and spend time together. Praying for you guys health, strength and another year of a beautiful marriage!
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you, and thanks for sharing your "miracle baby" story! Congrats on your "baby's" upcoming wedding!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

• Casey
    VIP December 2018
    Casey ·
    Happy anniversary! What a year! So sorry about your cat.

Congrats on starting the foster to adopt process! We definitely want to have kids, birthed and adopted, and aren’t sure if we want to do foster to adopt or adopt directly. We want to adopt through the state either way and we won’t pursue it for a while, but I look forward to seeing your experience!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    Congrats, Earias! What a year to celebrate and appreciate your union and strength in tough times. Thanks for sharing your update and best wishes for the adoption process, how exciting! 👶 🧒
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks! That's so cool you want to adopt too. Good luck when you begin the process!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you Pirate & 60s Bride!

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·

Happy anniversary! What a year you guys have had! I'm sorry for the loss of your kitty, I know how pets hold such a special place in our hearts. I hope that 2019 brings nothing but love and positivity to your lives!

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    Happy anniversary. I’m so sorry to hear about your brother in law & your kitty. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us!
  • Tracy
    Super January 2019
    Tracy ·
    What a year! Congratulations on your accomplishments and happy anniversary!
  • Tammy
    Super October 2018
    Tammy ·

Happy Anniversary!!! Sorry about your brother in law that's so hard (side note: Not sure how long or where you are at but if any of his treatments are not local reach out to the American Cancer Society the provide free lodging for patients getting treatment that isn't near their home. I do a lot of volunteering with them and they are a great organization they may be able to provide other resources he needs too)

Yay on the house remodel being done that's very exciting!!! As I'm also sure getting out of a small RV I'm sure it feels like a breath of fresh air! (I love my husband but I also love going into a separate room to watch some lifetime occasionally too haha!) And so exciting about the foster - adoption process!!! That's so exciting!!!

I can't imagine where we will be by the one year mark. Jan 8th will only be 3 months and we are also in the middle of a home remodel, we found out we are having a honeymoon baby and my Grandma who I am very close to passed away one week before Christmas. So it's been crazy and only about the get crazier!

• F
    Devoted June 2019
    F ·
    Happy Anniversary!!! I now you’ve experienced some sadness in this first year, however you are fortunate to have a loving husband by your side!
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks Caytlyn! Here's to 2019!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Aw, thanks Kenisha!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks Tracy! Your wedding is so close now - I am looking forward to seeing your BAM!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you, and thank you for sharing about the American Cancer Society.

Congrats on your honeymoon baby, but sorry about your Grandma. Here's to 2019 being a great year!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

Comment on this discussion