Mrs. A Fernandez
Super May 2015

OMG, I Regret Asking You To Be Apart Of My Wedding!!...

Mrs. A Fernandez, on September 1, 2014 at 2:59 PM Posted in Planning 0 24
Saved Save

Did you ever have one or more of these moments? I have, definitely! I should never have asked those that are in my bridal party, to be apart of it. My reasons are so many, what about you?

24 Comments

• T-Rex
    Master August 2013
    T-Rex ·
    • Flag

Sorry you had this issue. I never had a problem with my bridal party. I'm rather introverted, so if you're a close friend, you're a really close friend. I chose three people - and all three are wonderful and supportive with no drama. I couldn't imagine choosing someone I'd regret and/or having a friendship end over wedding things.

Good luck!

Wait - I thought you got rid of your bridal party, leaving only a MOH? Is she out, too?

• S
    Super September 2015
    stephybear84 ·
    • Flag

I am sorry you are going through that. I have not had my problem, my wedding party has been great, maybe to great. I need to tell them to back off sometimes because I can't keep straight what is going on.

• Susan
    Master March 2015
    Susan ·
    • Flag

Sorry your having these feelings. I chose my cousin, her daughter, and my 2 BFFS' from college, 22+ year friends. I may only have the feelings towards his niece who is a JBM, mostly because of FSIL and FMIL, not the kid!

• Mrs. A Fernandez
    Super May 2015
    Mrs. A Fernandez ·
    • Flag

@EricaTX, Girl, she is a toe out! I am just so disturbed about the fact that noone starts to show their true selves, until you are experiencing one of the biggest moments of your life. I think that it's unfortunate that every lady that I once asked to be apart of my wedding has disappointed me, but hey, the sooner the better to be removed. I am perfectly fine though ladies:-)

• B
    Master December 2015
    BunnyLove ·
    • Flag

The... Mrs. A Fernandez, sorry to hear you are dealing with this. However, better now than later. I know things are going to work out for the better.

• StitchingBride
    Master October 2014
    StitchingBride ·
    • Flag

You've got problems with the entire bridal party? doesn't sound good.

what's so wrong?

btw- where's your wedding? maybe you should ask some WW ladies Smiley smile

• Mrs. A Fernandez
    Super May 2015
    Mrs. A Fernandez ·
    • Flag

If I could have created my bridal party with some of my WW sisters, I would have. It's not that the MOH doesn't have time, she is just some-timey. Sometimes she wants to be involved, other times, she could care less. I am just over being loyal, when noone else is. This has been an exhausting engagement.

• B
    Expert September 2014
    Blue one 4 ·
    • Flag

Yeahhhhh I had issues with my original MOh who ended up bowing out of my wedding and out of my life a few weeks ago. She wasn't really interested in my wedding and tbh that wasn't a huge problem but when I asked her about things she said had been taken care of and they weren't a few weeks before events it lead to a fight. I regret asking her only because it ended our friendship and that's never fun.

Also not so sure I should have asked my SIL I did so out of respect for FH but she's been Mia and doesn't really like me ...

I also wish I woulda asked my best guy friend to be on my side of the party but had some reservation that it might turn into a Patrick Dempsey man of honor horror story lol

• Mrs. A Fernandez
    Super May 2015
    Mrs. A Fernandez ·
    • Flag

Oh, my wedding is here at home in KC, Missouri.

• B
    Expert September 2014
    Blue one 4 ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry your going through it too although be glad it's quite a few months out and not right before. I've had so much drama the last month it's been ridiculous

• Mrs. A Fernandez
    Super May 2015
    Mrs. A Fernandez ·
    • Flag

This is nothing that I can't handle. Our wedding will still be a blessed event:-)

• Dori L.
    VIP June 2015
    Dori L. ·
    • Flag

Sorry to hear this. You're right it's going to be blessed despite the challenges right now.

• FutureMrsBo
    Savvy October 2014
    FutureMrsBo ·
    • Flag

I know exactly how you feel. I've went from 5 bridesmaids to just a matron of honor and even thought about getting rid of her. There's even some family I just want to get rid of lol. I'm just waiting until after the wedding , and even then I probably won't say anything, but it's nice to know I'm not alone. People show you who they really are when going through a major life event such as a wedding. A positive thing to come out of this though, is that I know I picked the right FH. He has been super amazing through all of this. We are pretty much planning this wedding ourselves and he has been so wonderful. Smiley smile

• Mrs. Velez
    VIP August 2017
    Mrs. Velez ·
    • Flag

I'm considering keeping just the MOH and BMan. I honestly wanted 5 BMs but my DF seems to not have the same exact number and I would like to make it even and the people I was considering I actually told them. Now I don't know how to put it in words that I might just have a MOH standing next to me.

• Emily
    Master May 2014
    Emily ·
    • Flag

^ Wow how kind of you to kick friends out of your wedding just because of uneven numbers. It's nice that numbers are more important to you than friendships.

I don't understand "firing" bridesmaids. They should be chosen because they are your closest friends / family. Your wedding is only one day and if you have reasonable expectations of them, your wedding shouldn't cause the friendship to dissolve. I find that brides who "fire" bridesmaids are bridezillas with unreasonable demands of their BMs.

• Angel_D
    Master October 2015
    Angel_D ·
    • Flag

Im not speaking to your situation in particualr bc i dont know it- but ive heard mnay brides have the same issues when they pick bridesmaids who they consider friends--and some do it to meet a certain number-- im on the same page as EricaTX- my girls are my sister, and 3 friends who have been by me in thick or thin for many years.

• Courtney
    VIP January 2015
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Yeah, i fired a BM. she didn't have time for our friendship let alone my wedding. so she got the boot!!!

p.s. how are you The... Mrs. A Fernandez?!?!!?

• Mrs. Velez
    VIP August 2017
    Mrs. Velez ·
    • Flag

Emily I haven't kicked anyone out I only discussed it with my DF. No I didn't fire no one since it hasn't been iffical on asking anyone I discussed my wedding to some and even some asked to be in the wedding which I never gave yes/no answer. My wedding planning haven't even started so no I am not a bridezilla. I would like my wedding party to be even to me it seems more better and having it uneven feels like a disaster and scatter I seen a wedding that was uneven and it wasn't for my taste but that's just me. Everyne is entitle to their own opinion and I don't judge

• SweetestLeslie
    Super October 2014
    SweetestLeslie ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry that your going through that girl. But heyyyyyy from being from KCMO,....I'm from Kansas (the state. Leavenworth) and you know how close that is! I miss home! =)

• Christine
    Master October 2015
    Christine ·
    • Flag

So sorry you're going through this! It sucks that relationships you thought were steady change when things start changing for you. Stories like this are why I'm gonna hold off on asking my bridesmaids til I'm sure of where I stand with everyone.

Comment on this discussion