Imelda
Just Said Yes February 2020

Oh no! fh name first and then mine! Does it really matter?

Imelda, on January 18, 2019 at 12:41 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 17
Saved Save
I diy-Ed our save the dates! I finished handwriting every single one of them and after staring at them long enough, I just realized I put my FH’s name first and then mine!! Does it really matter? Is it acceptable nowadays?

17 Comments

• Unavailable
    Dedicated January 2043
    Unavailable ·
    I didn’t know there was a rule on whose name is supposed to come first. I totally just had our save the dates in alphabetical order. My name starts with an “n” and his a “t”. Idk if that helps...
  • Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    It's not a huge deal at all

I wouldn't worry

• Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    View Quoted Comment
    My understanding is traditionally is girl first prior to marriage and guy after ceremony but it's 2019 so no big deal really
  • Unavailable
    Dedicated January 2043
    Unavailable ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree things are changing and a lot of traditions are either being used or changed!
  • Sunshine
    Expert January 2019
    Sunshine ·
    Doesn’t matter at all
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    I put his name first. I like the way it sounds better that way. It'll probably be like that on the invites too.
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·

I wouldn't worry about it at all

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    Not a big deal; no one will think twice about it!
  • P
    Dedicated July 2019
    Pearl ·

No big deal at all! Originally I wanted to put my name first and then FH's but I ended up doing FH's and then mine. FH was on the left and I was on the right of the picture we chose and I felt like it would have looked weird if my name was first.

• Alyrae
    Super February 2020
    Alyrae ·
    It doesn't matter at all as long as it reads ok
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·

I really don't think so. I put mine first but we didn't put the traditional "daughter of X and X" or whatever.

• Danielle
    Devoted October 2019
    Danielle ·
    I completely did the same thing on the save the dates! But I caught a really good sale on minted, and I didn’t know the “rule”/tradition until after they were printed. I do wish the person sending me proofs had mentioned it as we went through changes, but ultimately I don’t think it’s something I’ve ever paid any attention to before it was my own wedding, and I’m sure my guests will be the same way!
  • Lauren
    Devoted October 2019
    Lauren ·
    I put his name first because I thought it was nice. I don’t think it matters at all.
  • Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·

Hey Imelda!! As some of the previous comments mentioned, it's totally fine!! I honestly think it's whatever sounds right to you or whatever looks best!

How is your planning coming along?

• Imelda
    Imelda ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much for answering! I think his name sounds better first than my name! Haha
  • Imelda
    Imelda ·
    Thank you so much for all of the replies!! I knew about the “traditional rule” about woman’s name first and then the man’s name! But I totally forgot about it! Thank you so much for sharing and assuring me that it’ll be fine! Love and light, ladies!! 😘✨💍
  • jael226
    Savvy May 2019
    jael226 ·
    I didn’t know there was a rule. I put FH’s name first as I thought it just sounded better.

Comment on this discussion