Hollie S.
Devoted October 2016

October weddings!!

Hollie S., on May 26, 2016 at 8:09 PM Posted in Planning 0 57
Saved Save

I'm getting married 10/29/16... Halloween is our favorite holiday so we wanted our wedding as close to Halloween. As possible. But we did not want to do a Halloween theme so we decided to go with a masquerade wedding. Our favors for our guests are masks. So here's what my questions to all the October brides are you guys doing any themes and incorporating fall/Halloween into your wedding... oh and we LOVE horror movies so during our cocktail hour we will be playing classic horror movie theme songs... we have alot more surprises planned into the wedding reception

57 Comments

• Amy
    Super June 2016
    Amy ·

Not getting married in the fall, but this sounds like a great wedding. love Halloween

• Hollie S.
    Devoted October 2016
    Hollie S. ·

Thank you I have done so much planning going for it... me and my fiance have been together almost 10 years and have always talked about our dream wedding and almost everything Is playing out.. We're mostly excited about our intro.. I mean the ceremony of course but we feel like the intro is going to set the tone for our reception

• Crystale
    Expert October 2016
    Crystale ·

Date twin but we are getting married at the beach so not really incorporating Halloween but I do love Halloween

• Sam
    Super October 2016
    Sam ·

I don't really have a specific theme, but I'm definitely incorporating Fall. Little pumpkins and beautiful fall colors.

• Hollie S.
    Devoted October 2016
    Hollie S. ·

We live in salem ma so either the night before or the day after we're hoping to get some of our out of town guests together and go around the city for Halloween fun! I love Halloween even more than Christmas lol

• Teaowl
    Super October 2016
    Teaowl ·

Having an October wedding as well and going for Autumn themed decor and colors.

• K
    Dedicated October 2016
    Kara-almost-Ball ·

I'm also having an October wedding and keeping it super fall-themed. Pumpkins, hay bales, leaves, etc.

• A
    Just Said Yes November 2016
    Avonda ·

I don't really have a theme and tried to stay away from the traditional fall decor.

• Stephanie
    Devoted October 2016
    Stephanie ·

Date twins! We're doing a little bit when the dancing begins.. spooky lighting/haze machine, a candy bar with halloween themed treats.. a banner that says "till death do us party." We thought about doing a masquerade but seemed like a lot of work lol

• Diane
    VIP October 2016
    Diane ·

Not doing anything Halloween but we are incorporating fall decor .

• Hollie S.
    Devoted October 2016
    Hollie S. ·

I've actually had fun planning the masquerade theme.. the main part is the masks and I would say that was the best part.. this is the photo that inspired the theme for me

• Hollie S.
    Devoted October 2016
    Hollie S. ·

I love the sign you have!

• Amber
    Devoted May 2017
    Amber ·

Such fun creative ideas!

• Luz434
    Super October 2016
    Luz434 ·

Nice! We are getting married 10/30 and although Halloween isn't our theme we are providing our guests masks as well.

• Cynthia
    Super October 2016
    Cynthia ·

October wedding as well, not using fall colors or any thing Halloween related. Except we may have a candy bar.

• Miss.MtoMrs..K
    Master October 2016
    Miss.MtoMrs..K ·

Day before you!! I'm the one that loves Halloween.Not incorporating anything Halloween themed our cake topper maybe a little bit but that's it. Our colors are black white and silver happy planning. Added a picture of the toppers

• N
    Beginner October 2017
    Nicole ·

Were an October wedding.

• Mary
    Super June 2017
    Mary ·

Date twin! My wedding was originally set for Halloween but after some conflicting events, it got moved. We aren't doing anything sepefically Halloween or fall themed.

• Futurepullen11
    Super October 2016
    Futurepullen11 ·

October 1st!!!! Ours is baseball!!

• Hollie S.
    Devoted October 2016
    Hollie S. ·

Love hearing all the different wedding themes.. are any of you freaking out with how close its getting... personal question how are you doing g with budgeting/saving... I feel like this is the part that stresses me out the most as we have fallen behind on saving a little bit but I feel like there's enough time to save...

Comment on this discussion