You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

Mrswilson2012
VIP December 2012

NWR--What size bed do you and your SO have?

Mrswilson2012, on February 19, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Posted in Community Conversations 68

DH & I just ordered a new king size bed & mattress that will be getting delivered on Sunday! We are upgrading from a queen size bed & are so excited for the extra room since I'm a wild sleeper lol. What size bed do you and your SO have?

DH & I just ordered a new king size bed & mattress that will be getting delivered on Sunday! We are upgrading from a queen size bed & are so excited for the extra room since I'm a wild sleeper lol. What size bed do you and your SO have?

68 Comments

• F
    Expert May 2015
    Future Mrs.K ·
    • Flag

Queen! Im 4'11 and somehow he sleeps hanging off the bed. He says I take the whole bed. Lol well wake me up!! But he's too nice to that lol

• F
    Expert May 2015
    Future Mrs.K ·
    • Flag

@miss p ooh twin suze we slept in a twin size when I was 19. Still too tight and comfy. But now hey after a kid and life I need to stretch out. I sleep wt 3 pillows take all the blanket he says lol the 4th pillow he has and he says in my sleep I try to take his too :/

• The Mrs R
    Master May 2014
    The Mrs R ·
    • Flag

We just bought a King about a year ago and we both love it!! We don't live together yet, but I stay over there occasionally and it's soo much better than his previous queen. We love to snuggle in the middle, but then I can move over to my side if I want to stretch out to sleep. I'll never buy anything smaller from here on out.

• Marilyn D'Auria
    April 2020
    Marilyn D'Auria ·
    • Flag

We have a Standard King sized bed and it is heaven. We love it.

For people thinking of getting a king, remember that a Standard King is about 6 inches wider than a California King, while a California King is about 4 inches longer, for taller people.

• er.jhj2014
    VIP August 2014
    er.jhj2014 ·
    • Flag

Queen currently, but once we get a house it'll be a king and a brand new bedroom set all together.

• B
    Master December 2015
    BunnyLove ·
    • Flag

Queen here.

• Sarah and Lindsey
    Devoted May 2015
    Sarah and Lindsey ·
    • Flag

We have a king, but we end up snuggling in the same spot every night anyway.

• Arizona Bride
    Super April 2017
    Arizona Bride ·
    • Flag

We did the twin thing for the 18 months we were dating. We got married and upgraded to a full size. We dealt with that by moving to a fouton (full size) that had 2 extra layers of comfort added. We got a queen when I was newly pregnant in March 2012. We still have it. We really want to get a king, but we can't afford it right now.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics