earias
Champion December 2017

NWR: So sad! My kitty Moses passed away this morning

earias, on April 13, 2017 at 4:58 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 32
Saved Save

I got the call from FH this morning after I arrived to work that Moses died in his arms. I adopted Moses when he was 3 months old. His previous owner was going to euthanize him because Moses had a broken leg. My vet convinced me to take him. I think Moses knew I saved him because he was always so fiercely protective of me and purred so loudly and contently in my arms. I got his name from the 90's song "Jessie" by Joshua Kadison. I heard that song when I was in college and thought it would be cool to have a cat named Moses, but he had to be a typical, "average" looking cat. Moses was a little gray tabby - just the image I had in my mind. He would have been 16 in June. I attached 3 pictures that depict Moses the best: friend and protector. He welcomed baby Layla when I first brought her home from the pound as a timid, little dog. He comforted and cared for Sophie when she had painful dental surgery. He spent the whole week next to her, grooming her and keeping her company.

32 Comments

• Rachel
    Super May 2018
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

Sorry for your loss, losing a furbaby is really hard. Know that is will still be protecting you from above.

• MOB
    Devoted May 2019
    MOB ·
    • Flag

I'm so so sorry Smiley sad

• JerseyGirl
    Master May 2017
    JerseyGirl ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry for your loss. Lost one of my fur babies two weeks ago and I know how much it hurts.

• Erin Wood
    Master July 2017
    Erin Wood ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry!!! Fur babies are part of the family and it's never easy losing one. Thinking of you.

• Jacky
    Master June 2017
    Jacky ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorrySmiley sad Hugs.

• CountingDowntoMrs
    VIP October 2017
    CountingDowntoMrs ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry. That's so very hard. Sending furry hugs and prayers for your heart!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

Thanks everyone.

@JerseyGirl: sorry for your recent loss, too.

It's hard being at work when all I want to do is go hold him and say goodbye. But I have contractors working on my house so it's not private there, and work requires my attention right now. . . this really sucks.

• NewlyMrsLachney
    Master September 2017
    NewlyMrsLachney ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry to hear this Smiley sad

• F
    Super July 2018
    Finallyhis18 ·
    • Flag

Awwww,:-( im sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs. They are our babies.

• K Dot
    Super June 2017
    K Dot ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry Smiley sad

• milinovemberbride
    VIP November 2017
    milinovemberbride ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry. It sounds like Moses lived a full and awesome life because of your selfless decision almost 16 years ago! So precious!

• JerseyGirl
    Master May 2017
    JerseyGirl ·
    • Flag

@earias- thank you. I know how hard it is to focus. When you are done work hopefully you will be able to have some private time and say goodbye.

• Brittany
    Devoted June 2018
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

Wow he was so lucky to be rescued by you and for him to have a long beautiful life! I am sorry for your loss.

• Jaime-Leigh
    Super April 2018
    Jaime-Leigh ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry. Losing a furbaby hurts like hell. And to be stuck at work, double punch to the gut. Moses is still by your side even if you can't see him. Your story made me tear up Smiley sad still grieving the loss of my own last summer. Sending you a big virtual (((((HUG)))))

ETA I am so glad he passed in the arms of your FH and not alone. I hope you take some comfort in that.

• J
    Expert May 2018
    J ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry for your loss!

• Anne
    Master June 2017
    Anne ·
    • Flag

So sorry

• Aqualeo
    Devoted June 2017
    Aqualeo ·
    • Flag

So sorry for your loss

• Steagles
    Devoted August 2017
    Steagles ·
    • Flag

Oh no! poor little buddy.

• Laura
    Master July 2017
    Laura ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry. RIP sweet little Moses.

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

You guys rock. Thanks for helping me feel better.

@Jaime-Leigh: sorry for your loss too. It does help knowing he didn't die alone.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics