Katie
Master October 2016

NWR - Share something embarrassing you have done.

Katie, on April 10, 2017 at 2:32 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 46
Saved Save

Thought this could be a fun thread and I am poking fun at myself for something embarrassing I did yesterday. I was shopping with my sister and realized that I had left my purse inside the store when I rearranged our cart. She told me she would pull her red mini van up by the entrance and wait for me there. When I came out of the doors I saw a red mini van in the fire lane and hopped into the passenger seat. I was so focused on making sure nothing had been stolen out of my purse that I didn’t even realize I had got in the wrong vehicle. All of a sudden I hear a woman go, “Um. Who are you? Get out of my car.” I look over and see a complete stranger and in the back seat her children are just staring at me. I was so flustered that I didn’t even say sorry and just jumped out of her car. I looked up and my sister was parked across the lot giving me a look of WTF are you doing?!

So yep there is that. Luckily the lady didn’t call the cops.

46 Comments

• Brandy
    Expert January 2017
    Brandy ·
    • Flag

OMG I am so glad I am not the only one, did that to someone in the city one night-thought it was my uber...nope, just some random man with his family in a black car...oops.

One time about 3 years ago I was walking my dog when I saw a tiny little hairless creature on the sidewalk. It was early in the mornining and already almost 90 degrees, the baby didn't even have its eyes open it was so young. I look up into the tree above and notice a squirrels nest, clearly he it fell from above and needed to be rescued. Being the person that I am, I can't avoid an animal in need, no matter what type of critter-so I scoop up the hippo-resembling baby and carry it back to my house. I return with a 10foot ladder in tow with the baby squirrel and scale the tree to place it back in the nest. I come home soaked in sweat and proud to tell my husband the amazing rescue I performed... WELL the following spring arrives, our cat brings the same baby-hippo looking wildlife to our porch-this one was not alive. I tell my husband-ugh the cat killed a squirrel again. He looks at me and says " a squirrel? That's a baby rabbit"...I stare at the creature in horror as my realization hits me...I put a newborn baby bunny in a squirrels nest last year...I was mortified. Poor thing and the poor squirrel who found the bunny in with her other babies. Lesson learned, let the wild animals fend for themselves unless doing extensive research.

• Katie
    Master October 2016
    Katie ·
    • Flag

OMG I would have been mortified. At least you tried though!

• CJ
    VIP May 2018
    CJ ·
    • Flag

Oh nooo!! I could see how that would be an easy mistake though, especially when you were distracted with the purse situation.

The other day I sent a very important e-mail at work to all of the principles in our company. The message was addressed to 'Chris' but somehow I added a 't' in there and sent a message that started off by saying 'Hello Christ' instead. I immediately noticed it right after I hit send, but it was too late.

• NautiBride2018
    VIP June 2018
    NautiBride2018 ·
    • Flag

Lol oh my I'm so sorry Katie! This may be one that will up one you. Maybe not.

This was a long time ago, I think I was 13, and we go to Knoebels every year. Great place. Anyway, we were walking down to the park, and I decided hey, I'm going to jump on my dad's back. So ya know, I run up and jump on my dad's back. Which would have been great and all, if it was actually my dad. I didn't know who this guy was, but apparently him and my dad look alike. My dad started yelling at me to "get off that poor man!" I was so embarrassed....

• Beecham2Barrows
    VIP December 2020
    Beecham2Barrows ·
    • Flag

That's halarious!!! So here's mine... I have 2 children in Elementary and 1 in middle school. It seems like the school call allll the time with recordings about up coming events and when the kids are absent. So jokingly I picked up the phone thinking it was a recording and I answered saying... What the F*** do y'all want now??!! And then instead of hearing a recording.. I hear the PRINCIPAL say... Miss Beecham are you okay??!!.. I froze, turned beat red and just hung up.. I didn't know how to explain myself. A few minutes later I called back and told her why I said that.

• Rachel DellaPorte
    January 2020
    Rachel DellaPorte ·
    • Flag

BeechamtoBarrows -- that actually made me laugh out loud. My daughter gets those calls from the elementary school all the time, and they are usually recordings. Hey, at least you gave the principal a break in his routine.

• Mrs. Coakley
    Master June 2017
    Mrs. Coakley ·
    • Flag

Oh god these are great!!

I had too much coffee on sunday morning and i decided to walk my dog. I'm a former dancer. It was early and there was definitely no one up in my neighborhood. I decided to do some leaps down the street. WEll.... I tripped over a pothole and stumbled and rolled on the ground. Not a second later one of my family friends/neighbors drives by laughing like a hyena. My dog stood there in shame.

• Katie
    Master October 2016
    Katie ·
    • Flag

Omg these are great. Makes me feel better about my own embarrassing stories. My husband's favorite story to tell about us is about one time we went into Hobby Lobby. We hadn't been dating very long and we had just watched The Exorcist the night before at his place. He grabbed a decorative cross off the wall and started screaming at me, "THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU DEMON". I could have died on the spot. He did it for about 2 mins laughing his ass off before I convinced him to stop. I refuse to go into Hobby Lobby with him now lol.

• lyla
    Master July 2017
    lyla ·
    • Flag

About a year ago, FH and I were with my family in a formal Italian restaurant. Most of the people there—including my sister's bf—were immigrants from Italy. FH and I were discussing how some of his friends in San Diego call it "Dego" and make hats that say that. I'm trying to explain to them very loudly how to pronounce it, repeating it over and over. #killmenow

• Faluf
    Devoted November 2017
    Faluf ·
    • Flag

I've done the wrong car thing before... my mom and I stopped by the dry cleaner and I hopped out to do the errand while she waited. While I was inside an almost identical car pulled into the space next to my mom. I come trotting out and tra la la, I hop into the car with a VERY indignant woman who just goes, "EXCUUUUSEEE ME!?" I was mortified! Meanwhile, my mom is DYING laughing one car over.

• Beecham2Barrows
    VIP December 2020
    Beecham2Barrows ·
    • Flag

@MelissaHH congrats! Now you can get your t shirt!!! I want 5 starts.. I'm so active on here... Wonder when I'll get mine..

• Helena Handbasket
    Master February 2016
    Helena Handbasket ·
    • Flag

I had been driving with my kids for about 6 hours. We pulled into a fast food place because I had lost a contact and needed one of them to drive. We went in, got food and I promptly walked into the glass wall instead of the door. Guess the one contact did make that big of a difference.

• NautiBride2018
    VIP June 2018
    NautiBride2018 ·
    • Flag

Lol these are all Great! @Melissa don't forget about your t-shirt. I ordered mine a few days ago and I've seen others say how comfy it is Smiley smile

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Oh I've definitely opened the door to a car before and had them stare at me and say "um I'm not Uber"!

A few months ago it had been raining and I just totally bit it going down one of the short metro escalators. I fell so badly that I accidentally knocked over a older gentleman as well and a kind stranger had to help us both up. Suuuper embarrassing. All I could do was apologize to the old man and then awkwardly continue on my way...

• Dolores Umbridge
    VIP June 2017
    Dolores Umbridge ·
    • Flag

When I was younger (maybe 10?) my cousins and I were down at our grandparents beach house. There's a local park they would take us to along a marina with live music. It was intermission and I had to pee. So my cousin ( a year old than me) and I go up to the bathrooms. There was a super long wait for the women's so we went into the men's.

I lined the toilet seat in paper, did my business and left. My cousin was behind me and we had to run through the building with the bathroom, and a half a football field worth of park to get back to our family at the front near the stage. I sat down on our blanket and started talking to my other cousin when he goes "there's something stuck in your pants" I said "nuh uh" because I thought he was just trying to get me to turn around as a trick. Then he goes "no really look" and pulls a two foot tail of toilet paper that was sticking out the back of my pants as I ran through a crowd of people for 50 yards.

I still get on my cousin about it since she was running behind me a claims she never saw it!

• Syd D. S.
    Expert July 2018
    Syd D. S. ·
    • Flag

I accidentally sent my dad a topless picture. Most embarrassing moment of my entire life.

• DoggoMom
    VIP August 2016
    DoggoMom ·
    • Flag

OMG this post is great!

I asked a coworker to watch my cat for me while I was out of town. She came over to meet him and we shared some wine, went through the details, and chatted. I went outside with her to say goodbye and I didn't realize how badly I had to pee. She told me a funny story and I laughed so hard that I started to pee myself. I was wearing a dress and it was suuuuuper obvious. I tried climbing into the flower bushes to hide but that didn't work out. She still teases me daily.

• Katie
    Master October 2016
    Katie ·
    • Flag

I cannot stop laughing.

If this were a contest you would win Sydney.

• Vicki
    Master November 2017
    Vicki ·
    • Flag

MrsCoakley I cannot stop laughing

• Kallie
    Super November 2017
    Kallie ·
    • Flag

When I was a kid, I got my head stuck in between a revolving door at the hospital. That was pretty embarrassing. My dad still likes to bring it up from time to time and make fun of me.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics