Janeen
Master January 2015

NWR: my stepfather passed away

Janeen, on August 11, 2015 at 8:08 AM Posted in Married Life 0 105
Saved Save

A few of you have asked for updates since my stepfather's cancer transitioned to terminal back in late May. He passed away, peacefully, in his sleep last night while my mother held his hand. He had the chance to say goodbye to his kids and his brother, and I want to thank those of you who took the time to send him a card or a note. It really did make his last few weeks better to know he was thought of by complete strangers. He had a very very long battle with chronic leukemia, something like 20 years, and he is finally at rest.

We really do have a great community here, and I thank you for that.

105 Comments

• Jersey
    Master November 2016
    Jersey ·
    • Flag

Janeen, I am so sorry. It's wonderful that he was surrounded by loved ones. Cherish the time you had with him and the memories that will be with you forever.

I wish you and your family strength during this time.

• UofMichiganGirl
    Expert October 2015
    UofMichiganGirl ·
    • Flag

I'm saddened to hear the news about your stepfather Janeen. Let peace reside with your family while your mourn, and the love and laughter continue as you celebrate his life. xo

• Rachel DellaPorte
    December 2019
    Rachel DellaPorte ·
    • Flag

My heartfelt sympathies, Janeen. This is never an easy time, and I'm sure it's difficult to see your mom grieving. Thankfully, he had the opportunity to say his goodbyes, and he was fortunate enough to be holding your mom's hand as he passed. His suffering is over.

• MrsBest2B
    Master June 2016
    MrsBest2B ·
    • Flag

So sorry for your loss. It sounds like he has consistently been surrounded by loved ones, not that that makes it any easier

• Laura Marie
    VIP September 2015
    Laura Marie ·
    • Flag

This breaks my heart, Janeen. He looks like such a sweet man and I am so glad to know that he went peacefully and had a chance to say his final goodbyes. I know nothing can really ease that pain for your family...but I am thinking of you guys and sending prayers your way.

• ALH
    VIP October 2016
    ALH ·
    • Flag

Oh Janeen I am very sorry to hear this. It really sucks when we lose the ones we love, especially one of our parents. My thoughts are with you and I know you'll find the strength you need at this time. Cherish the time you spent with him as you go through these next days. *Hugs*

• Ely
    VIP October 2016
    Ely ·
    • Flag

Aww I'm so sorry. sending positive vibes your way!!

• Mrs. Nicole
    Master May 2016
    Mrs. Nicole ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry, Janeen. However, I am glad that his final days were surrounded with nothing but love. And I hope he got a crack out of my corny jokes I put in his card!

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry for your loss, my condolences. I am glad that he is now in peace and no longer suffering any pain. I can't imagine what your mom is going through or what you're going through but I hope that the grief will subside quickly and you can focus on the happy memories of him. Thank you for your update, I'm glad the letters from people on here helped, that is so sweet (I'm sorry I must have missed when that happened). I'll be thinking of you today.

• FMM
    Master January 2016
    FMM ·
    • Flag

Sending you and your family all the love Janeen Smiley sad So so sorry for your loss.

• K+S
    VIP October 2015
    K+S ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry for your loss, Janeen. Prayers and hugs to your family!

• mrs1780
    VIP September 2016
    mrs1780 ·
    • Flag

Oh Janeen, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be keeping you and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers.

• RH
    Master November 2014
    RH ·
    • Flag

Smiley sad Sorry for your loss Janeen. *hugs*

• OG Kathryn
    Champion May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·
    • Flag

Sorry for your loss Janeen. He is at peace now.

• Ekab
    VIP November 2017
    Ekab ·
    • Flag

I am sorry for your loss Janeen, losing a family member is never easy. Sending hope and well wishes to you and yours.

• Andrea
    VIP September 2015
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

Janeen my deepest condolences. Sending you and your family prayers that he will find eternal rest.

• MzRosaLu
    Master July 2016
    MzRosaLu ·
    • Flag

I'm very sorry for your family's loss. May he rest in peace.

• Jade
    Master May 2016
    Jade ·
    • Flag

Janeen, I am so sorry for your family's loss. Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers

• Nikki
    Master July 2015
    Nikki ·
    • Flag

So sorry for your loss Janeen. Sending love to you and your family.

• SaraLep
    Master September 2015
    SaraLep ·
    • Flag

So sorry for your loss. May he rest peacefully.

Comment on this discussion