ALN
Devoted October 2019

NWR: Lost a Fur Baby

ALN, on September 7, 2016 at 9:15 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 35
Saved Save

Well it happened. My family lost our first fur baby. I'm so torn up and I never thought I'd be this emotional over losing him. He was only six years old (GSD), but had caught a tick borne disease one year ago and it wasn't caught soon enough. Please, I can't beg enough, keep up with the tick and heartworm medicine and take them to a vet asap if you suspect something.

I wasn't sure what topic to post this under, so I chose "Beauty and Attire" because of just how fashionable he was in this photo. Love you Wally. I'm going to miss your love of sticks, playing with Georgie, nudging my hand up in the air when you wanted pets, and so much more. I'm so glad you're not in pain anymore. <3

If you have any fur baby pics - past and present - please feel free to share.

35 Comments

• Deb
    VIP January 2017
    Deb ·
    • Flag

Awww. I'm so sorry. Fur babies and family and it's so hard.

• FutureSeñoraR
    Super July 2017
    FutureSeñoraR ·
    • Flag

So sorry for your loss! its a terrible thing to go through, thinking of you and your family.

here's a pic of my boo Buddy with a bandana on. hes not as fashionable as Wally, mostly because he won't keep anything on longer than it takes for the picture.

• VJ
    Super November 2016
    VJ ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry about your fur baby! He is very fashionable in this pic. Sending tons of internet hugs.

• Holly
    Master February 2017
    Holly ·
    • Flag

So sorry to hear this. I volunteer in a shelter and see a lot of dogs lose to heartworms, so I second staying up to date on the medicines!

Wally looks lovely. Persephone and I will be thinking of you.

• Jessica
    Expert September 2017
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Losing a pet takes a piece of your heart. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking

• Lara
    Master July 2015
    Lara ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry! I can't imagine losing a pet. I've been dreading that day since we brought our Teddy home. If this isn't a PSA for keeping up to date on meds, I don't know what is.

• Old married lady
    Master September 2016
    Old married lady ·
    • Flag

So sorry for your loss :-(

• Miss.MtoMrs..K
    Master October 2016
    Miss.MtoMrs..K ·
    • Flag

So sorry for your loss this is my fur baby and he thanks you for sharing as mom forgot to put his frontline. Thank you so much. I'm so very sorry xoxo

• AMW
    Master September 2016
    AMW ·
    • Flag

Aww my condolences. I grew up with at least seven pets at a time and have always had several myself, so I've been there countless times. It always tears me up and it doesn't get easier. But we always rescue another pet, sort of in honor of the one we lost, and that helps.

• ALN
    Devoted October 2019
    ALN ·
    • Flag

Thank you everyone. I thought I was done crying, but it looks like I've got a bit more in me. I'm so thankful for how friendly and loving other people and parents of fur babies are. And I'm also super thankful for FH supplying me with a constant source of tissues.

• Brittni
    Savvy June 2017
    Brittni ·
    • Flag

My cuddle buddy... I'm so sorry for your loss. I recently lost my golden retriever my family had while I was growing up. It's such a hard thing. Hang in there!

• FutureMrsMaidenName
    VIP August 2017
    FutureMrsMaidenName ·
    • Flag

OMG I am so sorry! My GSD was stolen for a couple of days 2 years ago and I thought I would never get him back. Because of that experience I already know I won't be able to get out of bed for days when I lose him permanently. There is no shame in any amount of grieving when you lose your fur babies!

• Taryn
    VIP June 2017
    Taryn ·
    • Flag

Aww I'm so sorry for your loss

• Elizabeth
    VIP September 2016
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

So sorry for your loss!!!

• future_mrs_c2018
    Super October 2017
    future_mrs_c2018 ·
    • Flag

This is of our Guinea pig Thor who we just lost on 6/23/16....so sorry for your loss, what a cute pup...eta: I look like such a baby excuse my appearance

• OnTheWayToMrsA
    Super August 2017
    OnTheWayToMrsA ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry for your loss, that's heartbreaking :'(

• Runawaybride
    VIP May 2017
    Runawaybride ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry to hear this, OP. Your family is in my thoughts.

• Kari
    Master October 2016
    Kari ·
    • Flag

Aw, what a darling looking poochie. I'm sorry for your loss. Pets give unconditional love to us, a very special love that you'll always have in your heart and memories of Wally.

• OG Dianna
    Master March 2017
    OG Dianna ·
    • Flag

Aw what a sweet pup. I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Celia Milton
    December 2019
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

I'm so, so sorry for you and your family. Big virtual hugs and sloppy kisses from Sophie!

Comment on this discussion