Breanna
VIP June 2015

NWR lol people think my dogs are scary..

Breanna, on April 9, 2015 at 2:23 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 92
Saved Save

I get it, they're both pit mixes, pits have a bad rep, whatever. But someone actually told me today (while he was yelling at my dogs for barking.. Lol they're dogs..) that one day they're gonna bust out of their (seven foot tall) fence and kill a dog or child. Lol. My dogs have never hurt a thing. They're both afraid of my friends chihuahua and will let children ride them like ponies. I wish people would get over this whole "pit bulls are killers" things.. Look at those faces though, aren't they vicious (;

92 Comments

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·
    • Flag

I read a statistic that people sustained more bites from Golden Retrievers than any other breed. Although part of that statistic is the large population of golden retrievers, but point is....people need to shut up.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

Such a sweet couple of babies! There is nothing I hate than people assuming that...its like the whole guns kill people stance. No, the guns aren't the things doing the killing, its the person holding it. Same thing applies to a Pitt (or any dog!)

• Amanda Blue
    December 2019
    Amanda Blue ·
    • Flag

Pit bulls have a bad reputation, but your dogs look very friendly and cute!

• Genny
    Master May 2015
    Genny ·
    • Flag

My mom had a Rottweiler that was the sweetest dog ever. People were afraid of him all the time. One time he barked at some kids that were throwing rocks at him and they called the cops. The cop that came had been at our house before for a different reason and just laughed because he knew our dog wouldn't hurt anyone.

• Brigit
    Master October 2015
    Brigit ·
    • Flag

Awwwe! when i can get a dog i am going to rescue a pitty ( or two.... Or more....)

• Mrs. Bauer-*$
    Super May 2015
    Mrs. Bauer-*$ ·
    • Flag

Sounds like that guy is a major dick bag.. I get the same thing with our pooch because she is 120lb Great Dane that is affraid of her own shadow LOL.. its the bark!!!! her biggest problem is her drool face when she gets near people you, her drool could hold the space station together. lol

• m
    Master July 2015
    m ·
    • Flag

My pitt and her chiweenie (chihuahua daschund) best friend. Terrifying.

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

And yet, people think my lab is harmless...she isn't. Our life revolves around keeping her from any and all other animals other than our second dog because she will kill it. No one suspects a thing until she freaks.

• GeekyBride
    VIP September 2015
    GeekyBride ·
    • Flag

It's awful that Pitt bulls have gotten such a bad reputation. I'm sorry your neighbor is a douchenozzle, and hasn't even tried to get to know your dogs. They look like sweeties!

• Ally
    Master October 2016
    Ally ·
    • Flag

Any dog can have a bad disposition. a pitt is no more likely to bite than any other breed. it's how they are raised and, frankly, lack of training. they're used a means to appear 'badass', like a lifted truck to compensate for something. because of their strength and jaw power they happen to be the breed abused for dog fighting.

a chihuahua is more inclined to bite you than most pitts.

• Ms.FutureFord
    Devoted October 2016
    Ms.FutureFord ·
    • Flag

Im a pittie mom too. People are so ignorant sometimes, you gotta just laugh it off and go "really??!!"

• Elyse
    Master September 2015
    Elyse ·
    • Flag

I have an english bulldog and I frequently get asked (with side eye) if he's a pit. People are dumb.

• Ms.FutureFord
    Devoted October 2016
    Ms.FutureFord ·
    • Flag

@ally. What is so funny about that too is that their jaws are no stronger than any other breeds

• Imtheone4Him
    Master September 2015
    Imtheone4Him ·
    • Flag

Breanna, look like a couple of babies if you ask me. soo sweet looking Smiley smile

OMGosh M you have the same dogs i do a chiweenie and Pit!! too Cool!

• SarahMarie
    Master May 2016
    SarahMarie ·
    • Flag

Ha. Look at those snarling faces! I was attacked by my aunts yellow lab. That dog had issues! I'm house sitting for my dads huge Alaskan malamute. It's crazy how people are afraid of that dog just because of its size! I think you should growl at him.....jerk.

• N
    VIP October 2015
    natalie ·
    • Flag

I think it's ridiculous that people feel like they can say whatever they feel like to a pit owner. I took my boy to the vet and we were waiting outside for our turn (small town vet so there are no appts...you just show up and wait). The lady next to us had a small dog that was jumping everywhere, barking & growling, and trying to go over to mine. My pitty got up to go sniff it and the lady freaked out and yelled at me that I need to keep my pit on a tighter leash. I'm normally pretty calm, but I said "No, you need to keep your dog on a tighter leash. If you're so worried about space, why the f did you come sit down next to us? Don't tell me how to control my dog because as soon as I gave him his command to lay and stay that is exactly what he has done."

• Soon2BMrsB
    Devoted June 2015
    Soon2BMrsB ·
    • Flag

Our one dog is at least half pit and she is the absolute biggest mush, she gets scared of strangers and pees, I want to punch people that talk bad about pits

• Trisha
    Master August 2015
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

They are too stinking cute!!

Btw, how's the situation with your St Bernard friend?

• m
    Master July 2015
    m ·
    • Flag

@Imtheone THAT'S NUTS! Are they not the best of friends though!? My little chiweenie is not scared at all of the Pitt, he goes AFTER her!

• Celia Milton
    December 2019
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

My mail person thinks my dog is scary.....he doesn't believe she's a poodle....

Comment on this discussion