Amanda
Super September 2017

NWR: Jamaica & Zika

Amanda, on July 20, 2017 at 4:08 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 4
Saved Save

We are coming up on 2 months from our big day and will be leaving right after for our honeymoon to Jamaica. It is still a early but I am trying to start figuring out everything we need to take with us, bug spray being the most important since Zika is such a big deal in that area. For anyone who has visited Jamaica recently, what did you use bug spray wise? There are so many options out there and I am a mosquito magnet, just wondering if anyone has recommendations of one that works better than others. Is 100% DEET necessary? I would rather not smell nasty from the DEET on our honeymoon but I definitely will if it keeps me from getting Zika.

4 Comments

• Jennifer
    Devoted August 2017
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

My friend just went on a cruise and she used one of those bracelets - she said it worked wonders!

• Amanda
    Super September 2017
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

We aren't TTC for awhile (like a couple years awhile) so that isn't really a big deal but I definitely don't want to come home sick if I can avoid it. I may just have to go the 100% DEET route and smell awful the whole trip.

@Jennifer I have seen the bracelets and wondered about them! I have heard mixed reviews on them working.

• Spaghetti
    VIP November 2018
    Spaghetti ·
    • Flag

I'm going to the Bahamas next year and been wondering the same thing. We're not going to be TTC for a long while though.

• Lauren17
    Master July 2017
    Lauren17 ·
    • Flag

I just got back from Jamaica July 10th and honestly i didn't even use bug spray i didn't even see any bugs. We did a lot of excursions and had no bug problems. My Gyno advised me to stay on birth control for at least 6 months after our return. He told us no trying for babies until January.

Comment on this discussion