Breanna
VIP June 2015

NWR- I hate Xbox.. Rant.

Breanna, on March 31, 2015 at 1:04 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 55
Saved Save

FH and I never get a lot of time together, usually just when I get off work at night. That being said, I got off work a freaking hour ago and FH is still on his damn Xbox playing video games. And he has the stupid headset on talking to someone he doesn't even f*cking know about the stupid game their playing so he hasn't said a damn word to me. Ughhhhhhh. One day he's gonna wake up and the Xbox will have mysteriously disappeared..

55 Comments

• Kassie
    VIP September 2015
    Kassie ·
    • Flag

Haha depending on the game, you could try plugging in a 2nd controller and pausing/otherwise sabotage his game play >Smiley smile I've done that, it's fun bc then I get to play with him once he gets over the fact I messed him up Smiley tongue

• Breanna
    VIP June 2015
    Breanna ·
    • Flag

Good idea! We have wireless controllers so I could even go in the back bedroom and just hit random buttons lol

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

Video games are a waste of life. The biggest turn off for me is a guy who spends any amount of time playing video games. I wouldn't be able to deal with it at all.

I know a lot of women on here enjoy video games, and my comment isn't a personal attack at them, but I just don't get the appeal.

Then again, I obviously waste a lot of time on here.

• Della
    VIP July 2015
    Della ·
    • Flag

Yeah FH is a big Xbox fan (Halo specifically). It kills me when he plays it and doesn't do things that actually need to be done first. But hey, could be worse right?

• Kassie
    VIP September 2015
    Kassie ·
    • Flag

@KM- (totally not wanting this to sound rude at all, just a curious question) have you ever played any video games? Like maybe you just haven't found the right one?? Or is it more that you dislike them because it takes away from people being social in relationships and such?

• Breanna
    VIP June 2015
    Breanna ·
    • Flag

At least he's just an Xbox addict and not like a heroin addict or something lol

• Kassie
    VIP September 2015
    Kassie ·
    • Flag

@Breanna-I seriously think you should try, just to see what would happen (if he can take a little prank and it wouldn't start anything Smiley smile I'm just mischievous and FH knows, so he is prepared for my shenanigans, lol )

• Sky
    Devoted September 2017
    Sky ·
    • Flag

Lmao I know the feeling!

• K
    Savvy December 2016
    kamybassist ·
    • Flag

I get annoyed when he's constantly playing video games and I've told him but then he reminds me I'm always on phone (fb/phone games/wedding boards) and then I can't really complain =P also some of the friends he has made through the games have actually come to visit him which I think is actually pretty cool.

• Kimberly
    VIP August 2016
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

We don't own any video game consoles and its pretty much going to stay that way. I never had any growing up so even when I do play occasionally I get bored right away. That being said, he got home today and I passed out after Margarita Monday with a friend so we basically didn't see each other today and now he's asleep and I am wide awake. Maybe a video game would help me get sleepy on nights like this. lol

• L
    Devoted October 2015
    Love is not a pissing match ·
    • Flag

I would totally mess with his game Smiley smile FH doesn't have an Xbox but PS4...he calls it "his time" but we balance that with time for us so it all works out. I play sometimes...I like the zombie/apocalypse games.

• Mrs. Nicole
    Master May 2016
    Mrs. Nicole ·
    • Flag

FH usually only plays when I'm not around or fall asleep at like 9pm on a Friday (I have an old soul I guess). If he plays when I'm home, we're usually playing together.

• DeniseD
    Master May 2015
    DeniseD ·
    • Flag

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I'm the gamer of the two.

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

Interactive video games, like Wii or Guitar Hero were fun once in a while, but otherwise...nope.

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·
    • Flag

You can change your router settings to turn off traffic to the x-box at specific times of the day/night lol.

• MrsPope
    Master September 2015
    MrsPope ·
    • Flag

My H plays and I don't mind it at all lol. I have been married 3 years and I have learned to enjoy "my time" alone. You go play your game and I can have an hour of glorious quiet time. I choose my battles wisely.

• Mrs. A & J
    Master December 2014
    Mrs. A & J ·
    • Flag

That's why we are, and will forever be, Nintendo players only. Super Mario bros 3!!!!

• D + S
    Super October 2015
    D + S ·
    • Flag

I just bought FH the xbox one with all the Halos yesterday! lol. I actually enjoy playing the new GTA. We played together (sharing one controller) and beat the game! lol I think I can live with it because he doesn't put playing in front of important things. It's kinda just like when he/we are bored.

• Julia T
    Master August 2015
    Julia T ·
    • Flag

Thank god for old age lol. Last video game my FH played was Atari. lol

• Terri
    Expert July 2015
    Terri ·
    • Flag

Is he connected to wifi? Id unplug it lol but no try seeing if he could show you some games that maybe both you could play but talk to him and let him know that he can play when you working but would love some quality time when your off. And xbox i dont have to worry about with My FH he spends his time working on cars lol literally he worked all weekend working with his best man to put in nitrous on his best man's truck. Or he's always on his phone ! Even on our date nights !!! But I still love him ♡♡ lol

Quote he said to me last night

Before our wedding starts I'm gonna work on cars.

Of course I know he's joking and I said oh no your not. Guys are going to be guys.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics