Jen
Master March 2014

NWR: FrankenStorm

Jen, on October 27, 2012 at 9:10 AM Posted in Planning 0 26
Saved Save

We're under evacuation orders, so I'm signing off for the time being. Everyone in the storm's path, please stay safe. For those of you getting married this weekend, lets pray that Sandy doesn't put a kink in your plans... remember the big picture... You're marrying your best friend. No storm can possibly stop that.

Love to all,

Jen

26 Comments

• jenna
    Devoted June 2013
    jenna ·
    • Flag

Where do u live? We live in Delaware by the beaches and its coming right at us im worried we will have to leave also....

• Jen
    Master March 2014
    Jen ·
    • Flag

We live in Queens, right on Jamaica Bay. When Irene paid us a visit last year, the bay was in our front yard. They're predicting the storm to hit during high tide on a full moon, which under normal circumstances, floods our streets. And when the MTA shuts down the buses and subways, there's no way for me to get into work. Looks like books and board games until this dies down.

Stay safe.

• ladyvaill
    Super November 2013
    ladyvaill ·
    • Flag

Stay safe everyone!! keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!

• Mrs. S™
    Master October 2011
    Mrs. S™ ·
    • Flag

Stay safe Jen, and we'll see you when this whole mess is over!

• P
    VIP May 2013
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Oh wow... stay safe .

• KitKatDC
    Devoted October 2013
    KitKatDC ·
    • Flag

We're in DC, no evac plans yet. Everyone stay safe!

• Marissa
    Expert October 2013
    Marissa ·
    • Flag

Stay safe!!!

• mrsg
    Master September 2017
    mrsg ·
    • Flag

THANK YOU!!! I am from South Florida, but currently live in NYC, and I feel like NYers are so jaded about storms that NO ONE is doing ANYTHING to prepare for this! My sister's landlord laughed at her when she asked about shutters, and my classmates laughed at me when I said I was getting some extra food, water, and batteries when I go grocery shopping. Having been through many hurricanes, I can honestly say that you need to prepare, even if you think it's all hype, and hope that it will be just hype.

• Pan
    Master March 2012
    Pan ·
    • Flag

Stay safe guys!

• MJ
    Master June 2013
    MJ ·
    • Flag

Sandy R. I always prepare for storms, worst thing if it does not hit, I have extra food and batteries and water. Worst if it hits unprepared, I don't want to know.

• Celia Milton
    January 2020
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

The home depot in north NJ was bedlam today, lol....I live in an area that was literally underwater for weeks (about a half mile from the spot in Paterson where Obama was filmed talking about Irene.  No flashlights, but lots of batteries to be had lol!

• P
    VIP May 2013
    Private User ·
    • Flag

I'm in northern virginia went to the store today and you would never know there was a storm coming

• Mrs V (Roe)
    Master August 2013
    Mrs V (Roe) ·
    • Flag

Praying that everyone is safe during the storm.

• mrsg
    Master September 2017
    mrsg ·
    • Flag

I agree, MJ, that's the way to do it. Stay safe, everyone!

• Terri
    VIP August 2013
    Terri ·
    • Flag

Power companies are preparing for it...so that says a lot...be prepared...not sorry. When we combined households, my FH said the power never goes out here for more than an hour or two..convinced me to sell the generator,,,.then in July we were hit by the big summer storm...no power for a week...(an "I told you so" moment LOL ) He bought a generator the next week. This time of year I keep plenty of candles on hand, flashlights, batteries, bottled water, bread, peanut butter (and other non-refrigerated foods) and kerosene for the space heater. Buckets of water to flush commodes is handy if you have a well or in case power is out to local public water...water was an issue here after a few days of no power.

Reports I have been seeing compare this storm to "The Perfect Storm" of 1991, but there are also some variables that the storm of '91 didn't have...for our area (WV) we are hearing forecasts of snow from the back side of the storm.

Stay safe everyone!!

• Catherine
    Super October 2013
    Catherine ·
    • Flag

Stay safe!

• Combay
    Master April 2013
    Combay ·
    • Flag

Stay safe

• Samantha
    Master May 2013
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

Don't forget to fill up your gas tanks! Just topped mine off this morning Smiley smile

• mrsaj2b
    Master October 2019
    mrsaj2b ·
    • Flag

Maryland here. I am hoping this storm moves quickly although they say it is supposed to stall once it hits land. I am so over these freakish storms: Snowmaggedon, the derecho storm this summer, and now Frankenstorm. UGH!

Everyone be careful and be safe.

• mrsaj2b
    Master October 2019
    mrsaj2b ·
    • Flag

Maryland here. I am hoping this storm moves quickly although they say it is supposed to stall once it hits land. I am so over these freakish storms: Snowmaggedon, the derecho storm this summer, and now Frankenstorm. UGH!

Everyone be careful and be safe.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics