We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

C
Master June 2015

NWR- Conclusion!!

ChampagneDream, on August 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 25
Saved Save

Well.... I heard from my insurance company and my car cannot be fixed. They're scrapping it and sending me a check. So my beautiful Acura is a thing of the past. I'm really sad because I love that car and I had to go to Jersey (I live in PA) to get the exact car I wanted. It's going to be very difficult to replace. My insurance is giving me less than what I can replace it for. FH and I don't want to take a payment or spend too much out of our savings/wedding/Hm accounts. I'm on the hunt!

Who's got a car they love? Suggestions please!! I'm wide open and just want to be driving something other than FFILs minivan!!

I'm thinking a Honda Accord coupe- anyone have one?

Thanks!!

25 Comments

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

At least you get a cheque!!! I have an SUV which is overly helpful in winter where I am (I love my Nissan Rogue!). I have a few friends with Mazda3's that they really like, though.

• Emily & Rob
    Dedicated November 2015
    Emily & Rob ·
    • Flag

I have a Ford Fusion and I love it... FH has a Nissan Altima and he's completely obsessed with it and tells everyone how great of a car it is every chance he gets.

• Finally Mrs. Crowell
    Super March 2015
    Finally Mrs. Crowell ·
    • Flag

I'm so glad there's at least a positive solution to this whole mess!

I love my little Honda C-RV! But I know a few people who have bought the new Hyundai Sonata in the last couple of years and they all love it.

• C
    Master June 2015
    ChampagneDream ·
    • Flag

@ Ashley- I was thinking that same about kids. That would def be an inconvenience. We're thinking 3 years so by then I may be a new car. I'm not ready to go SUV, I had a Lexus RX for 3 months and then traded it in for my Acura. I'm not making that mistake again.

• ItsGoodToBeKing
    Master February 2014
    ItsGoodToBeKing ·
    • Flag

I always buy used from a dealership cuz it's easier to negotiate the price down.

We're a nissan family.

• S&R
    Super September 2015
    S&R ·
    • Flag

I just got the new Kia Forte and FH uncle got the new Kia Optima. Love them both

• GoneAndMarried
    Master August 2015
    GoneAndMarried ·
    • Flag

I have a Mazda 3. Amazing gas mileage. Very little maintenance and was cheap... especially with a nice down payment

• OMW
    Master August 2013
    OMW ·
    • Flag

I love my Ford Escape. It's 7 years old and hasn't had anything major wrong with it at all. The only issues it had were the the motors in the back windows.

• SandM
    VIP August 2014
    SandM ·
    • Flag

So sorry about this whole mess, glad it comes with a somewhat happy ending though.

I recently bought my Subaru Impreza and LOVE it. It's all wheel drive so it's perfect for when people freak out when we get snow here. I can just zip right on by in my car Smiley smile

I bought mine certified used and got a steal on it since it was a manual and apparently people in Seattle don't buy manual shifts, pansies.

• Allison
    Master May 2015
    Allison ·
    • Flag

I love my Mazda 6

• Susan
    Master March 2015
    Susan ·
    • Flag

I have a Chevy Equionox and I love it! Medium size SUV and great in winter. Fair on gas.

• Mrs. F-u-...
    Master December 2014
    Mrs. F-u-... ·
    • Flag

I have a Ford Escape and love it!

I would go for a four door so you don't have to worry about getting a new car if you have kids. Hondas are great! I had a Civic before my Escape.

• C
    Master June 2015
    ChampagneDream ·
    • Flag

Bump!

Needs ideas, going to browse today after work!

• ValZtoB
    Master March 2015
    ValZtoB ·
    • Flag

Hyundai Sonata is my vote. My first Hyundai Elantra lasted me 12 years and I never had a single issue with it. Love the Sonata. Roomy, good gas mileage and it is a beast in the snow

• B
    Master December 2015
    BunnyLove ·
    • Flag

We recently purchased a Ford Flex for me. I love it!!

• Kaesey
    Super August 2014
    Kaesey ·
    • Flag

Love my Nissan. Rogue. I do a lot of driving for work I get just shy of 400mi/ tank of gas. I do wish it was hybrid but when I bought my car in 2009 those were still fairly new and not a lot of dealerships carried them without a high price.

Master October 2013
    .... ·
    • Flag

I'm on my 2nd Corolla. First one was totalled when it was 7 years old but had plenty of life left in it. Current one is almost 6 years old and other than regular maintenance, I've had no issues with it. I <3 Toyota. Although I do think I'll get a Subaru next. They're beasts. But hard to find used, so I've heard.

You have to be a little careful with used cars as you can get screwed easily even by a dealership. Make sure you get the Carfax and specifically ask if it's been in any accidents before and if all the parts are Toyota/Ford/whatever (not aftermarket). As long as you're thorough though you'll be fine and used cars save a lot of money!

• A
    Devoted July 2015
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

I love my car but I don't think it's what you are looking for haha

A 2 door Jeep Wrangler Smiley smile

• MelissaC
    Master January 2015
    MelissaC ·
    • Flag

That sucks!! I have a Mazda 3 (2008), but if I ever had to get another car, it would definitely be another Mazda 3. I love my car!

• GrayCatVintage
    Master October 2015
    GrayCatVintage ·
    • Flag

I drive a Honda Fit. I use it like a pickup truck since the seats in back fold down completely. I will drive that car until the wheels fall off and I am not kidding. I bought mine new off the lot in 2008. It is the best car ever. OH and it seats 5 people comfortably.

Comment on this discussion