Nicole Lynn
Expert September 2013

NWR: Books to read

Nicole Lynn, on October 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 24
Saved Save

I am beginning my search for my next book and need help! What is everyone reading, or whats your favorite book? I loved hunger games (well the first one in particular), fifty shades was good, Nora Roberts The Witness, Lincoln Lawyer, etc... I like romancy books but nothing cheesy, modern. Any ideas?

24 Comments

• Tracy
    Super May 2014
    Tracy ·
    • Flag

The Diplomats wife by. Pam Jenoff. It's my favorite love story!!!

• E
    Dedicated November 2013
    E ·
    • Flag

I read the surrender your love, conquer your love, treasure your love trilogy by J. C. Reed. I don't usually read these types of books but the reviews were good and they were a quick read! Kept me interested. It is definitely romancy but modern because the third just came out in October.

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·
    • Flag

I love all the books by the late maeve binchy. great characters, i always got sad when the nearing the end of the book Smiley smile

• KellyT
    Master August 2014
    KellyT ·
    • Flag

If you like The Hunger Games, there's another young adult series by Veronica Roth that's similar. It also takes place in a dystopian America. The books are Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant (which just came out on Tuesday). The writing isn't super strong but the books are quick reads and interesting.

• Nicole Lynn
    Expert September 2013
    Nicole Lynn ·
    • Flag

Thx ladies!

• hellothere
    Super May 2014
    hellothere ·
    • Flag

I was also going to suggest Gone Girl. it is awesome and keeps you guessing the whole time. If you like any non-fiction, "Is everybody hanging out without me?" by Mindy Kaling (from The Office) is really funny and a quick read.

• Kate
    Master December 2013
    Kate ·
    • Flag

@hellothere - If you like Mindy Kaling's book (hysterical) I have another good memoir author for you. Jenn Lancaster makes me laugh so hard ... she has a bunch of books now. The first one is called "Bitter is the New Black"

• Mrs. Simmons
    VIP April 2013
    Mrs. Simmons ·
    • Flag

Right now I'm reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King. It's not like his normal books. I like it, he's a great writer. It's about a guy who goes back in time to stop the Kennedy assasination. Pretty lengthy, but keeps you reading.

I also just read Three by Ted Dekker. That was a great book! Easy read, page-turner! If you haven't heard of it, check it out. I bet you can't guess who the bomber is Smiley winking

• Mrs. Simmons
    VIP April 2013
    Mrs. Simmons ·
    • Flag

For romancy... I liked Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It's actually based off the book Hosea in the bible. Very cute Smiley smile

• Mrs. Shanon V
    Master May 2014
    Mrs. Shanon V ·
    • Flag

I just finished a book by Sarah J Maas, Throne of Glass. It was excellent. The sequel just came out too : A Crown of Midnight

• Thankfully Anonymous
    Super February 2014
    Thankfully Anonymous ·
    • Flag

Crazy Love by Francis Chan. If you read it and hate it, I'll refund your money.

• Ashlee
    VIP June 2015
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

If you liked Fifty Shades you'll LOVE the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day!

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

I'm reading a crime novel right now. Clearly not romance LOL

As far as romance writers go, I like Mary Balogh.

• Lacey
    Master May 2014
    Lacey ·
    • Flag

Sam's Letters to Jennifer - James Patterson

My favorite books, hands down.

• Donna
    Master June 2014
    Donna ·
    • Flag

@mrs. Simmons, I loved 11/22/63, and I am usually not a big Stephen King fan.

@Tina, Maeve Binchy is one of my all time favorites. Reading her books is like spending time with friends.

I also like just about anything by Rosamund Pilcher

My latest disappointing read (a big one). Bridget Jones Mad Aout the Boy. I loved Bridget Jones' Diary. This one was a big let down.

• Gia4462
    Devoted November 2013
    Gia4462 ·
    • Flag

The Stephanie plum series by Janet evanowich.... Hilarious they made a movie from the first one. One for the money

• Theresa Beale
    Master November 2014
    Theresa Beale ·
    • Flag

I LOVED the Wedding Quartet by Nora Roberts. I agree that Maeve Binchy is great. I also liked the Chesapeake Shores books by Sherralyn Woods.

• Mrs. Pezz
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. Pezz ·
    • Flag

I see at least one other person recommended it but Divergent! I loved it and it is an entertaining, easy read. I am about halfway through Insurgent right now. Smiley smile

• Nicole Lynn
    Expert September 2013
    Nicole Lynn ·
    • Flag

I just bought Divergent off amazon!

Im also always searching for something like Sex and City.. I love the story line.. I have the entire series and watch it regularly! ooobbbsssessseddd

• Karla
    Dedicated April 2014
    Karla ·
    • Flag

I'm not too big on romance novels, but I love all of Janet Evanovich's books. She has a series starting at One for the Money, all the way up to Takedown Twenty. I think they are hilarious, usually laugh out loud funny. They are quick, easy reads too (I like those for reading at work on breaks).

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics