Amber
Devoted April 2018

NWR---Anyone Else Losing Their FH To Football Season?

Amber, on September 7, 2017 at 7:44 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 110
Saved Save

Well tonight is officially the first night of football season in our house since the Patriots are playing. Anyone else have a FH that schedules his life around his team? This is going to be a long 5 months lol

110 Comments

• Lauren
    Expert March 2018
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

I schedule my life around football haha

• Casey
    Savvy July 2018
    Casey ·
    • Flag

We met through our college team, but I'm actually more into it than he is. We're touring a venue first thing on Saturday, but after that we're going to pick up some gameday snacks and hibernate and watch football for the whole day. It's great bonding time for us.

• J. Clo
    Master May 2018
    J. Clo ·
    • Flag

Ditto Lauren. I am posted up in front of the TV ready for the game to start. I have my salad and glass of wine on standby. (I know, totally not football food but I have a wedding dress to fit into next year). WW and wedding project plan up on my laptop. LOLLLLL

• Ellsy62
    Master October 2017
    Ellsy62 ·
    • Flag

I am!!! Sunday fundays together are no more!! I hate it!

• Jennifer
    Devoted March 2017
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Weekends in the fall are for college football (at least here in the South). Luckily, I grew up understanding that so it's something we get to enjoy together. And then we usually plan a long weekend trip in December when it's over (at least until bowl games) so it's a little vacation treat.

• SmileyBride
    Expert October 2017
    SmileyBride ·
    • Flag

Yes!! I have been sending him memes and videos all week! I do enjoy football Sundays. I get to catch up on my shows in another room and we normally stay in and have snacks. But it is pretty funny I do loose him to football!

• MoreMoore
    VIP November 2017
    MoreMoore ·
    • Flag

My son and FH are parked on the sofas. We watch baseball games together, but I'm just not into football, really. We are in KC so this is like Christmas for them. I'm just salty because they're not showing Big Brother tonight.

• Melissa
    Master March 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I HATE football season for this reason. We have tickets to a concert Sunday and it's the giants first game and fh tried to get me to sell the tickets so he could sit home and watch the game.

• Amber
    Devoted April 2018
    Amber ·
    • Flag

MoreMoore I didn't no there's no Big Brother tonight!!!! I usually record it and watch it the next day so I didn't realize it wasn't on. It's double eviction week and in ready to see what happens!!!

• Amber
    Devoted April 2018
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I've tried to watch some games and I'll sit in the room doing something else while he watches sometimes but the games are sooo slow to me. The only thing I find interesting is when I hear a player's name and I know who he is because I watch reality tv and know his wife or girlfriend lol

• Nicole
    VIP November 2017
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I've accepted that sports will always be a major part of out life. FH not only watches every NFL game but is also a huge Blackhawks fan and a White Sox fan. I actually found a great way to deal with football always being on the TV and FH yelling at the TV about his fantasy players. I joined a fantasy league for myself. I'm horrible at it but at least it gives me a reason to be watching with him and gets me I to the games. I usually also have a book or project that I'm working on while watching too.

• WED18
    July 1993
    WED18 ·
    • Flag

Not at all, we are both avid sports fans and watch together!!

ETA: spelling

• AQuixoticBride
    VIP July 2018
    AQuixoticBride ·
    • Flag

Go Pats! I'm the one who watches football, so... FH is in the other room doing whatever. He will watch if there's a Saints game or I have munchies and drinks. Otherwise, he couldn't care less. Oddly enough, I have literally never dated a man who watches sports.

• Future Mrs. G
    VIP February 2018
    Future Mrs. G ·
    • Flag

I LOVE football season for this reason. Gives me peace and quiet and time to myself for a few months. Although, I do watch it with him most times. FH is going to Vegas for his bachelor party Super Bowl weekend. The unfortunate thing about being Jets fans, aside from being Jets fans, is that our season is over before it begins!! LOL!!!

• WWMP
    Devoted October 2015
    WWMP ·
    • Flag

My wife is lucky, I used to go to Vegas every weekend when the Cleveland Browns were not playing at home to bet on football.

Now I'm older and not a crazy person. My record Vegas trip was 2 hours, I flew from Cleveland to Vegas and back on the same day to go put on bets... lol

• Elizabeth
    Expert April 2018
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

Go Broncos! Can't believe Brock is back...

• K.M.
    Master September 2018
    K.M. ·
    • Flag

FH is a huge patriots fan too!

• A
    Savvy October 2019
    Alycia ·
    • Flag

We love football season! And we're patriots fans born and raised! We live about 40 minutes from Gillette stadium!

• Jennifer
    Devoted October 2017
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

My schedule revolves around the Patriots season!!!!

• Amber
    Devoted April 2018
    Amber ·
    • Flag

WWMP I'd have to start a whole new post to vent about all the sports gambling that goes on in my house!!!! If we didn't live all the way in CT my FH would probably try to make quick Vegas trips like you did lol

Comment on this discussion