MissSoonToBe
Expert May 2020

Now i feel like I鈥檓 a cheap Bride 馃様

MissSoonToBe, on November 16, 2018 at 1:37 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 67
Saved Save
So I had a floral consultation this morning and the lady said she has a $2500 retainer fee and then most of her clients spend between 15K and 25K!!! My floral budget was $4500. OMG i feel like I鈥檓 cheap now....smh

67 Comments

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam

Hi MissSoonToBe! First off, there is nothing wrong with your floral budget, and you are not "cheap" at all. In fact, the national average cost that couples spend on flowers for their weddings is between $700 and $2,500! I am so sorry that a vendor made you feel as though you were not spending enough, but I can assure you that that is not the case! Also, everyone's wedding is different, and you should never change your plans to please anyone else!

• Miranda
    Devoted October 2018
    Miranda
    Lol I spent $780 on flowers. Don鈥檛 compare your stuff to other people鈥檚 stuff
  • Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria
    I spent about $500 so I don't think you're cheap! 馃榾
  • FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC

I'm spending about $500 on bulk flowers because I can't afford a florist, lol you are not cheap at all!

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae
    Lol I was hoping to spend 1500, but our quote is 2500 and I'm happy with them so we're making it work. I think 4500 is an amazing amount of money for flowers and you should definitely be able to get beautiful arrangements for that. On to the next vendor!
  • futurmrslowe
    Super December 2018
    futurmrslowe
    My only reaction to that is 馃槺馃槺. What is she doing all of Kim kardashians weddings ?
  • Emily
    Expert May 2019
    Emily

I don't think you're cheap at all!! $4500 is definitely a good budget, I would look for a new florist. 15K-25K is outrageous, 25K is more of an entire wedding budget, not just flowers!!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride

I think she's either focusing on only celebrity weddings or inflated costs to impress/intimiate you. Move on! I agree that a $2K-$4K budget for flowers seems normal, not $15K-$25K! Shake it off; your budget seems bigger than most.

• Courtney
    Dedicated August 2019
    Courtney
    Don鈥檛 feel cheap! That is an insane amount 馃槺
  • JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding

My flowers were $900. Sorry, I'm not spending 15K on flowers. That's insane.

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027

Whhaaatttt. That is INSANE. Here I thought spending $80 to upgrade my bouquet to sunflowers was pricy

• Mrs. Johnson in 2020
    Expert October 2020
    Mrs. Johnson in 2020
    View Quoted Comment
    Right!!! 15k-25k on flowers??? 馃く I mean that seems like a whole wedding budget. She must be trying to make you feel that way so she can get an extra 1k from you.
  • Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa
    View Quoted Comment

Yep! This seems like a weird, messed up guilt trip to me! If she caters to people in that budget and that's nowhere near your own - move on! Yikes! My entire WEDDING didn't cost 25k and that was nearly a 200 person bash! A $4,500 budget is even higher than an "average" budget, so don't for a second feel like you're being cheap or anything. 4500 is more than enough to be GORGEOUS with just the right touch of "extra"

• firstoneat56
    Master August 2017
    firstoneat56

Just like anything else, you can find goods in any price range. There's no reason to feel cheap regardless of your budget. Your budget is your budget and you have what you can afford.

• Gloria
    Super March 2019
    Gloria
    First off I would like to say congratulations on your upcoming wedding and Yes flowers are very expensive but if you have a budget you need to stay to your budget .don鈥檛 let no one else tell you how much you should be paying for your flowers I spent $500 and hopefully you can find a vendor that is definitely on your budget range and just stick to it. BTW have you thought about artificial silk flowers they are gorgeous they are very inexpensive and they look marvelous, on my sweetheart table I鈥檓 getting silk flowers and real flowers put together and if you look at it they both look the same you can鈥檛 tell what is real and what鈥檚 fake
  • Winter Bride
    Expert December 2018
    Winter Bride
    If it makes you feel better, I called about a cake and described what I was looking for and the lady on the phone said she starts her cakes at $2500. Ummm 馃帳

Called another bakery...$200. So yeah. Your flower lady is crazy!
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy
    I鈥檓 spending $1100 on flowers and my centerpieces are diy. I already think it鈥檚 too much. No way I鈥檓 spending thousands on flowers.
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen
    WHAT I鈥檝e never heard of spending 15k+ on FLOWERS? That sounds absurd!!!

I definitely don鈥檛 think you鈥檙e cheap, I still think $4500 is pretty high if anything... I鈥檓 planning to spend under $200 so
  • Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby
    15k+ on flowers!? That's absolutely insane! That is 3x my entire wedding budget! You are definitely not being cheap. I wish I could be that "cheap" haha!
  • Stephanie
    Super August 2019
    Stephanie
    Oh wow! I cannot imagine spending the same money on flowers that I could buy a CAR with. I spend under $600. I鈥檓 cheap. Lol. And I鈥檓 fine with that!!!

Comment on this discussion