Kylene
VIP October 2014

Not my proudest day today.

Kylene, on November 10, 2014 at 4:00 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 43
Saved Save

I'm 100% against people hiding posts so instead I'm just deleting what I wrote and replacing with an apology. I'm not sure where my head went with the judgmental nature of this post (and a few previous). I'm removing it not to hide from my obvious lack of tact, but to remove the dirty laundry that I aired here.

I know it's rare on here, but I truly appreciate you calling me out as I was being a complete bitch and needed to be informed of that. Not my proudest day today.

Thanks, ladies.

43 Comments

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·

Oh my god wow. D:

• Maritza
    Master April 2015
    Maritza ·

LOL!

• Happily Ever Harris
    Super November 2014
    Happily Ever Harris ·

Yikes.....

Thanks for the update!

• Monica SC
    Master October 2015
    Monica SC ·

I have a friend too (much younger than me) who stressed so much about her wedding, there was tons of family drama. Her wedding was HUGE. Every other post on FB was about how it would all be worth it when she was finally married and Mrs. So and So. We found out at the reception from her step-sister-in-law that they had gotten married almost nice months before so she could have medical and dental insurance due to needing oral surgery. I was super-pissed. I would not have cared if she had not made such a huge over-the-top deal about finally being married. UGH

• AndixLyn
    Master June 2015
    AndixLyn ·

Until she changes her name she still isnt Mrs Blah Blah.

be happy for your FRIEND. why does everyone have to judge? let it go.

• Ariella
    Super February 2016
    Ariella ·

Omg lol

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·

Oh wow

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

I will admit that I'm super judge-y on this one, and very openly. Feel free to judge me on that.

• allysia
    Master April 2016
    allysia ·

Ewwww lol

• Celia Milton
    September 2019
    Celia Milton ·

I bet she is also thrilled to have a friend that wanted to twitter how tack-tastic her friend is. OH, ex friend.

And you know how I feel about couples who get married early for *gasp* health benefits or military benefits.

Yeah, your'e super judge-y about this. Great friend.

• AndixLyn
    Master June 2015
    AndixLyn ·

*applauds Celia*

i feel like its just me sometimes. "my friends is such a stupid cow" "my friend had a tacky wedding" "my friend is so dumb" who says things like this about friends? toxic people is who.

• ItsGoodToBeKing
    Master February 2014
    ItsGoodToBeKing ·

Until you're a military family, your opinion of life choices based on military obligations is mute and irrelevant.

• L
    VIP September 2015
    Lisa ·

But it's not so tacky that her husband is out fighting for your right to have this tacky opinion on their relationship? Just because they married early does not make it any less special, or any less of a wedding for that matter.

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

@Celia, I have absolutely nothing against people getting married early. I have multiple friends who have done it for all sorts of reasons and very seriously considered it myself. What I do have issue with, and this won't change whether people think I'm being judge-y or not, is lying about it. Call your wedding whatever you want, do whatever you want, but don't put it under the pretense that people are there to watch your very first union when they really aren't. That's flat out lying. ESPECIALLY, when every single day in your Facebook you're posting about it in such a way that very much makes it sound like having gotten married early was never even close to a possibility. Very clearly making it sound, after knowing they were really married, like they were trying to keep it a secret. You created a farce on purpose. That I will judge. Military benefits? Insurance? Children? Any other reason? No judgment there.

As for the rest of it, I use the term friend very lightly in this situation - probably only because we're still connected on FB which should have been disconnected a long time ago anyway - but that's beside the point. You're right, I'm not a good friend in this situation, plain and simple.

• Alyssa
    Master April 2015
    Alyssa ·

I just feel that it is really strange that you have nothing but bad things to say about this girl, yet you still chose to attend the wedding. Why did you go in the first place if your intentions weren't to support your "friend"?

• AndixLyn
    Master June 2015
    AndixLyn ·

How tacky, they serve our country then signed documents to allow them both to be fully healthy & take care of (life liberty & pursuit of happiness all in 1 action), then had the audacity to ask their friends & family to still celebrate with them. she told people, probably her nearest & dearest who then judged her unfairly. like her crappy friend who wanted to live tweet the play by play of what she hoped would be a tacky disaster.

you should stop being her friend because you are a shitty one and shouldn't have drank her booze or eaten her cake.

• AndixLyn
    Master June 2015
    AndixLyn ·

Again, she can be excited on facebook all she wants, its her wedding, her marriage shes excited for. not just the expensive party where asshats come out of nowhere to indulge in open bar and free food. until she changes her name, shes not Mrs Blah Blah yet anyways. she didn't keep it secret, you said she told people, and then got backlash from assholes.

life is about celebrating each moment. who are you to say how she does that?

• L
    VIP September 2015
    Lisa ·

If your fiance was in the military and the only way for you to have a relationship where you could move in together was to marry a little early, and celebrate later - would you? I'm guessing yes, I think any of us are. It's so shitty to bash someone else's choices when more than likeley they had no choice.

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

I love how everyone jumps to the conclusion that I'm judging military service or getting married for military benefits. Absolutely not. No way, no how. In fact, I was the witness in my best friend's early wedding to her military husband a few years ago for the exact same reasons. Difference? Everyone that attended her wedding/reception six months later knew she was already married and they were there for the church version of their vows and a celebration. She didn't create a story on FB for everyone to see and keep that detail a secret.

Had she chosen to keep her wedding planning private and between those who were invited, her family, friends, etc, maybe I would feel differently. But the minute you put it on a public forum EVERY DAY in a way that makes it clear to everyone (or assumedly clear) that you're NOT YET MARRIED, and then divulge that in fact you were, you're going to receive judgment. It has nothing to do with the actual getting married early and everything to do with your choice to lie.

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

@BostonBunny, 100% absolutely yes. I would. And I would support and motivate anyone else who needs to make that same decision for them. I never said otherwise.

@Alyssa and AndixLyn, I did not attend the wedding.

Comment on this discussion