cassondra
Dedicated August 2019

Not leaving for honeymoon next day

cassondra, on March 5, 2019 at 9:49 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 20
Saved Save

If you aren't leaving for your honeymoon right away what ARE you doing? We already live together but to just... go home.. seems silly LOL

20 Comments

• Cynthia
    Expert May 2019
    Cynthia ·
    • Flag
    We have an Airbnb for 4 nights, 2 of which are after the wedding. We just plan to relax the next few days! Drink some wine, relive the moments, and just enjoy the calm after the storm. We don’t leave for our honeymoon until 2 weeks after our wedding. But honestly, we might cater in some massive breakfast burritos and lay in bed all morning, recapping the wedding and being thankful it’s all over!
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

We are planning to do a mini-moon for a day or two after the wedding then take our full honeymoon a few months later. For our mini-moon, we are going to a beach that is two hours away. For our honeymoon, we are going to get a cabin in the mountains.

• Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag

We're going to a hotel the night of our wedding. We'll get up, have breakfast, maybe run around, do some errands or whatever. Then we'll go pick up the kiddo and have a normal, every day week until Thursday - then we leave for our honeymoon. We thought well, we could just go home, but we decided we wanted something a little more special. We looked into like honeymoon suites, but those are like $400 and honestly, I don't need/want to spend that money for one night where I'll probably just pass out. I'm sure we'll both be exhausted from the wedding day. Most likely just going to get some common hotel room and relax. The kiddo is going to grandma's, my dog is going to the doggie hotel, we have no worries for a little while so we're going to take advantage.

• cassondra
    Dedicated August 2019
    cassondra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Cater in some massive burritos sounds like a dream to me!!!

• Laura
    Devoted January 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    We’re staying at a hotel and having a family brunch the next day!
  • Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

We STILL haven't done a honeymoon (waiting until we can take a trip we can afford to WANT to take). After our wedding we stayed the night at our hotel, slept late, socialized with some guests and then went home.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We are leaving the Monday after our Saturday wedding, but we are going back to the blocked hotel Saturday evening.

• Jazmin
    Rockstar April 2019
    Jazmin ·
    • Flag
    For the wedding we rented an Airbnb for 3 days, so we will stay there and leave on the second day to another city.
  • Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·
    • Flag

We're just going home. We talked over some options, but we both liked the idea of having our first night as a married couple in our own home.

• Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

We are going home the night of our wedding! The next day we will be sending rental flowers back and rental suits, and will go pick up our dog from wherever we board him. The day after that, it's back to work because our honeymoon isn't until May or June.

All the hotels are about a 15-20 minute drive, and our house is only 30 mins from the venue given that its a Sunday night, so we figured why spend money over a few more minutes of driving? FH doesn't really drink anyway so he'll be good to drive.

• SummerBrideInAutumn
    VIP October 2019
    SummerBrideInAutumn ·
    • Flag

How long after your wedding do you plan on leaving? We're having a Saturday wedding and leaving for our honeymoon on Monday. We're spending Sat night in an AirBnB. Then we'll spend Sunday tying up any loose ends and saying goodbye to family.

• Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag

We stayed in a hotel on our wedding night, and then went home and dropped all of our stuff off. Then we went out to lunch together. H wasn't feeling well so we didn't get to do much, but we just relaxed and spent the day together!

• kimberly
    Dedicated May 2019
    kimberly ·
    • Flag

I would definitely go to a hotel, our venue is less than 3 miles from our home together, but we decided to go to a hotel and than the next day we are leaving for our honeymoon, but I agree that just heading home after your wedding would be a little hard

• Rachel
    Savvy May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

We're going on a mini-moon Smiley heart we aren't taking our big honeymoon until the fall but right after we'll be picking up our dog and going to a cabin that's an hour away for a few days. We were going to just go home but agreed it sounded silly lol

• A
    Devoted August 2018
    Ally ·
    • Flag
    Was are taking 2 weeks off before leaving. I wanna spend some time with my animals before we go... get things back in order after the wedding instead of just dropping everything and coming home to a mess, and I want some time to regroup and shop for clothes for my HM. I never did well with rushing
  • Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag

We are going home to start packing and relaxing for the day we fly out. we also have friends coming in for the wedding that we haven't seen in a few years so we are going to spend time with them before they leave to go home.

• A
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Alexus ·
    • Flag
    Staying at the hotel and having brunch with everyone. It's a micro wedding so it works out
  • Mrs.
    Super May 2019
    Mrs. ·
    • Flag

We've got a bit of a complicated situation. We're getting married on a Tuesday at a private ceremony with just our immediate families. We haven't yet decided if we want to move in together right after that date, or wait until our larger celebration two weeks after. And then we have about a week and a half in between our second wedding and our honeymoon. We're staying at the Airbnb the night of our wedding, and then heading home on Sunday. FH isn't going back to work until Wednesday that week, so we're probably just going to be homebodies together for a few days!

• B
    Expert July 2017
    Becky ·
    • Flag

We went home Saturday after the wedding, spent Sunday with our parents (and opening gifts), spent Sunday night at home, and left *early* Monday morning for the airport. Having those couple nights at home was really nice - and it meant that we didn't have to rush around Sunday.

• SB
    VIP March 2019
    SB ·
    • Flag

After the wedding we are staying in our hotel block with a lot of our guests so we can catch up with everyone since we really won't be able to the night of then Sunday will just be a normal day! Do brunch with the family and friends who are still in town then go home and chill. We will leave for our honeymoon the following Sunday. Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion