Diana
Super August 2015

Non-veil head wear options!

Diana, on August 26, 2014 at 6:00 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved Save

Now that I have purchased my wedding dress (eeeeee!!) I am starting to think about accessories. My mom really wants me to wear a veil but all of the veils I have tried on look WEIRD on me. In the end, my mom will respect my wishes. In a few weeks my mom and I are going to find the dress so she can see me in it in person (not just via facetime) and so I can try on accessories.

Sooo... let me see your non-veil hair/head options! I need inspiration!

10 Comments

• A
    Devoted September 2014
    Al0921 ·
    • Flag

I'm having loose waves in a semi updo. I will have a custom made floral comb in my hair. I was thinking of adding a birdcage veil, but we'll see.

• SandM
    VIP August 2014
    SandM ·
    • Flag

I just had my florist create a comb with flowers on it. I tried on veils too and they just looked weird with my dress.

• T-Rex
    Master August 2013
    T-Rex ·
    • Flag

I wore a fascinator (tiny, tiny hat with feathers and tulle).

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing a veil, but I really like it when people get flowers put into their hair (real ones) as part of the styling.

• OG Mrs.K (2.0)
    Master September 2014
    OG Mrs.K (2.0) ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing a simple headband with pearls in it.

• Diana
    Super August 2015
    Diana ·
    • Flag

Ooooo I like them all! I thought about doing real flowers. I just can't decide! I also thought about a sparkly broach.

Here is my dress... Sorry about the YouTube video. I have no pictures of myself in this dress that are flattering. Also, the neckline is pinned so the lace doesn't come up so high. It's a sweetheart underneath the lace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0tIDXcz_8I&list=UUL4QytIWgfC9Z-NK9AJPVWw&index=3

• Annie & Javi
    Master October 2015
    Annie & Javi ·
    • Flag

My hair piece thing is HUGE.

• Diana
    Super August 2015
    Diana ·
    • Flag

That's big, but I like it! I like that it goes around the ponytail/bun

• AndixLyn
    Master June 2015
    AndixLyn ·
    • Flag

I will have my curled hair pulled back on one side and pinned with some sort of comb with floral bits and this, which is a copy of one attached to FH bout, but with our initials. at least thats my plan so far.

• Mrs. A & J
    Master December 2014
    Mrs. A & J ·
    • Flag

I'm doing a simple flower hair clip I made to hold up some half up/half down look. It has 1 red flower in the middle and 2 white on each side. Easy peasy!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics