FuturemrsDickinson
VIP July 2015

Non Pro BAM!! :)

FuturemrsDickinson, on July 29, 2015 at 10:07 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 41
Saved Save

Hi all! Here's a mini BAM for you! I'm currently sitting on the beach in sunny St. Thomas with my new husband enjoying our honeymoon. Our wedding was Saturday, and I can't believe it came and passed so quickly! A few things went wrong: Friday I was at my florist with my girls making our arrangements and my dad sent me a pic of the outside ceremony spot (he was there golfing with buddies) and there was no arch! Wtf moment. I freaked out because I paid hood money for arch decor. I called my venue lady and left a msg. Her new assistant called me back after I left the florist and just decided to scratch the arch decor since I hadn't heard back in time. He said due to a big storm a few weeks prior, the arch had to be removed and that he spoke with FH about it. He said, "I'm assuming FH didn't relay the message?".

41 Comments

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·
    • Flag

I was boiling mad and asked FH, and he got pissed, they never called, emailed, texted or pigeon messaged him. Nothing. We think the new guy slipped up and tried to get away with it. They said the arch was never part of their package, just an extra freebie so we could rent one for $100. Nope. No way. The second thing; Friday setting up the venue we noticed the right side of the room was hot, like the air wasn't on or it was blowing but not a/c. The venue staff assured us that it would be working perfectly the day of and that it just hadn't had enough time to get going yet that day. The day of when I walked in with my new groom I could tell the right side was the same. No a/c. Add in about 80 ppl, the bar with a line, photo booth and buffet on that side it was hotter inside than outside. My guests on that side were literally sweating so much they were clearly uncomfortable. I made the staff put the blinds down, make sure everyone had fan programs and to bring in floor fans immediately. I said this needs fixed now! They claimed the a/c broke this afternoon on that side and they are working to get someone out there to fix it.

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·
    • Flag

After dinner that side of the room minus like 8 people left. I don't blame them, but god I am still pissed! The bartender was overheard saying they knew it was broken and un-fixable Friday. Wtf! Tell me! I would have been damn sure to buy about 30 floor fans to make sure everyone was comfortable! Besides the fact I'm going to send a nasty email to the venue, I'll be leaving a bad review. Half my guests left because of the heat problem! Not ok! My greeters arrived super late and never got to pass anything out! They barely made the ceremony! Thank goodness for DH's GM. Other than that the night was beautiful. I had a few drinks to get me out of my pissed off mood and we got to dancing. It was hot, my second dress came in so much handy! I changed into it much sooner than anticipated bc the heat, but everyone loved both dresses. DH was soooo handsome! I'm on mobile so I'll only be able to upload one pic at a time.

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·
    • Flag

Getting ready

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·
    • Flag

My dress

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·
    • Flag

Me and DH!!

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·
    • Flag

Favorite pic of my FG and RB. I made the FG dress too Smiley smile

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·
    • Flag

Me and my girls! They were soooo happy I got them airbrush makeup that morning! They looked gorg and felt like it too! Best money spent! It was such a relaxing morning!

• FutureRice0821
    Expert August 2015
    FutureRice0821 ·
    • Flag

Your dress is beautiful! That's nuts about the ac and the arch, but that's great that you didn't let it ruin the day!

• JCB
    Master September 2015
    JCB ·
    • Flag

Sorry that you had some issues with the venue! That sucks. Butttttt you look gorgeous! Your dress is so pretty! Love that pic with the FG and RB...adorable. Waiting for the rest...yay Smiley smile

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·
    • Flag

Venue before we set up flowers and favors. Chavari chairs make such a difference!

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·
    • Flag

Those are wonderful! I love your dress!

• FormerUser
    Master July 2015
    FormerUser ·
    • Flag

So pretty!

• FMM
    Master January 2016
    FMM ·
    • Flag

Beautiful!! Congrats!! I'm sorry to hear the venue failed you Smiley sad but it sounds like you still had a great time! Enjoy your honeymoon !

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·
    • Flag

My moh is obsessed with prince Harry. My mom made a photo booth prop surprise for her and she LOVED IT!

• KellySD
    VIP September 2015
    KellySD ·
    • Flag

Wow you look stunning! Your dress is one of my faves. Sorry to hear about the AC but it sounds like you handled it like a champ. Love the pic with the kids, too. Congrats!

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·
    • Flag

Me and my reader Ally! She was so great to me and made sure I had anything I needed. Like ice chips, ladies, put them in a ziplock and put it in your boobs haha! Cooled me down so well!

• SummerS
    Master January 2016
    SummerS ·
    • Flag

You look so beautiful...and so LOL'ing over here over the pic with Prince Harry, that's awesome Smiley smile

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·
    • Flag

Last but not least, my current view Smiley smile

• Lauren B.
    Master October 2015
    Lauren B. ·
    • Flag

Beautiful!!!I want to see this second dress!

• FuturemrsDickinson
    VIP July 2015
    FuturemrsDickinson ·
    • Flag

Thanks so much for everything ladies! Today we are meeting up with some of DH's friends. They just arrived on a cruise ship at the port so we will be spending the day with them Smiley smile banana Coladas are on the menu!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics