KenWay
VIP July 2011

No children at the wedding...please tell me I am not the only one!!!???

KenWay, on September 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM Posted in Planning 0 45
Saved Save

Don't get it wrong I love children. I am the oldest on my fathers side of 26 grandchildren. I have watching kids my whole life! I can't wait to have children of my own but I don't want kids at my wedding. The environment is not right for kids. The venue is on a cliff over a lake ( dangerous when drunk parents and adults are not watching their kids). How many times I have watched family wedding videos and someone's baby is screaming in the background over the vows!!! NO MA'AM! I am not doing it. Its on the website and I have a little blurb about it on the back of the save the date post card. It reads...We are thrilled to have family and friends coming together to share our special weekend. Please do not be offended by our request but our wedding is adults only (no children). This will be an adult environment and somewhat inappropriate for small children. We are trying to keep their best interest in mind. Thank you for respecting our request...........Am I the only one ladies?!!!

45 Comments

• Mrs. Libragurl
    Master October 2010
    Mrs. Libragurl ·
    • Flag

You are not the only one! Trust me!

• S
    Expert April 2011
    Stefanie ·
    • Flag

I'm only having 1 jr bm and 1 jr gm. Those are and will be the only "kids" in and around for my wedding.

I think I am writing Adults Only on the wedding invitation.

• J.S.
    Master June 2010
    J.S. ·
    • Flag

DS has 2 kids, so that obviously wasn't an option for us. However, we have a wedding we're going to next month that is no kids. They're paying for the wedding themselves, so we understand.

• S
    Expert April 2011
    Stefanie ·
    • Flag

We too are paying for our own wedding.

• Tina
    VIP September 2011
    Tina ·
    • Flag

You are not the only one. We are not having kids at our wedding either. No worries.

• KenWay
    VIP July 2011
    KenWay ·
    • Flag

Lol what is the link to the other discussion about no kids? I am curious I haven't seen it! :-) I am glad that I am not the only one because my family was making me feel awful about it! I am like really?! You guys are breeders and that is not my fault!!! LMAO

• bambina
    Super November 2011
    bambina ·
    • Flag

We wanted no children, but his family has a ton of young cousins, and we had to make some exceptions with family coming from out-of-state with children. So we made the age cut off 16.

• Cris
    Super September 2011
    Cris ·
    • Flag

Our reception is adult only. The only kids will be ours- our son will be almost 3 and my step son will be 9...oh and my niece who is the flower girl will be like 1.5...I am hiring a sitter for them so that my parents and ILs dont have to worry about watchign them and can enjoy the reception..I know I wont be able to keep an eye on them all night either so a sitter was kind of the problem solver (note- the sitter will be at the reception and will not be allowed to drink) So the kids will be with us but we still have the freedom to do as we please. My parents and IL will prob take them home so FH and I can spend the night alone together after the reception

• Cheryl
    Dedicated October 2010
    Cheryl ·
    • Flag

No children at ours, with the venue on a boat, too much of a risk. Plus I want the adults be able to relax and have fun at the reception.

• J.S.
    Master June 2010
    J.S. ·
    • Flag

Our reception next week includes kids, but quite a few of our friends are leaving their kids at home so they can party! LOL.

• imgettinmarriedin2011!
    Devoted November 2011
    imgettinmarriedin2011! ·
    • Flag

No kids at mine either.. just the 2 flowergirls...

• November2010Bride
    Expert November 2010
    November2010Bride ·
    • Flag

You are not the only one..and the way you worded it sounds nice not rude at all..Enjoy it Smiley smile

• Shannon S.
    Master March 2011
    Shannon S. ·
    • Flag

I'm not having kids there, and if anyone asks or badgers me about it...technically my venue is a pub. Little Baby Madison wants to come to the party? Well, does she have a fake ID?

• Greyash
    Master March 2011
    Greyash ·
    • Flag

Nope no kids at my wedding either! We don't have many children in the family right now. Even though I love kids, and we plan on having kids and all that good stuff, but my friends wedding last year did me in. There were two kids fighting and one baby crying and neither of their parents thought it would be a good idea to remove themselves from the ceremony until their kid was under control. I know she was really aggravated.

• J
    Devoted November 2010
    Jazmine ·
    • Flag

Well, we've put "adults only reception" on the STDs & the invites. FH is going to "remind" his family.

He's the one with kids on his side of the family. He has been warned: any kids show up & he's paying for their expensive dinner.

• ~
    VIP September 2011
    ~Jeff's Angel~ ·
    • Flag

We are not having children at our wedding with the exceptions of my two nieces and nephew and FH nephew who are acting as Jr BM, Jr GM, FG and RB - but we are planning on having a babysitter take the little ones after the ceremony part and only my oldest niece will be at the reception with us as she will be 13 at that time. And so far we had not had any issues, my one cousin who has two little ones is happier then anything to be leaving the kids at home with her MIL so they can have a weekend alone.

• Future KH
    VIP October 2011
    Future KH ·
    • Flag

Many of the guests don't have kids, but we are inviting the entire family. This is mainly because our venue has a room that can hold the kids during the ceremony, speeches, special dances. All we will have to pay for is the baby sitter and some pizza, and juice for them (don't even have to pay the caterer). If it wasn't so cheap and easy, it would have been a bigger discussion.

But, for the reasons you mentioned, we aren't having a FG, RB. Kids just don't want to be in the wedding, it freaks them out, why do that to them?

• J.J
    Master September 2011
    J.J ·
    • Flag

Definitely not the only one! I wanted an adult only reception but was overruled by my FS, mom, and MOH. So I sucked it up and we are having kids. But since my parents are paying for the food/drinks/cake I couldn't really say much.

• *~* Soon to be Mrs. Murphey *~*
    VIP February 2013
    *~* Soon to be Mrs. Murphey *~* ·
    • Flag

Mine is open to kids... but we are super close with our family and we dont mind if they scream over our vows... we will probably eff them up anyhow since neither one of us speaks will infront of people haha

• Raptor Bride
    Master May 2011
    Raptor Bride ·
    • Flag

You are not the only one!!! we're limiting young children to first cousins only on both sides, and thats it!!! theres maybe 7 of them and i cant say no to them because one of them is our flower girl.. so i know how you feel!

Comment on this discussion