Mandy
VIP May 2019

Night Of Wedding

Mandy, on January 8, 2019 at 5:59 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 45
Saved Save

Where are you staying the night of your wedding? Are you getting a hotel? Are you just going home? Are you staying on the ceremony grounds? We're getting married May 18th, but not leaving for our honeymoon until the 24th so not in any rush. I wanted to stay at a nice hotel as something romantic the night of the wedding, but just looked at the "nice one" that's semi local and it's $375/night. That's not in my budget.

45 Comments

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    Our reception is at the hotel so we have the bridal suite included in the package.
  • Laura
    Savvy April 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    We’re planning on getting a room at a nearby hotel where the room blocks for guests will be
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    • Flag

Our venue has an on site farm house split into two units that you can rent. We rented the entire house for the night of. We'll be using one suite and some of our bridal party members will stay in the other suite. It was really important to me that we didn't just go home the night of and treat it like a normal night.

• Jessica
    Expert March 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Our venue comes with a honeymoon room so we will be staying there after.
  • Kelsey
    Savvy September 2019
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    I booked us basically a honeymoon suite about 30 minutes away from our venue. I’ve always wanted to stay there and then we can wake up and have a yummy breakfast and just relax. We leave for our honeymoon a couple days after, but I didn’t want to just go home Smiley love
  • Ti'Anna
    Devoted October 2020
    Ti'Anna ·
    • Flag
    So far hotel is the plan since I doubt we will be leaving for the honeymoon right after our wedding just because of work.
  • Katie
    VIP November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I blocked out 12 rooms at a local hotel
  • Alexandra
    VIP June 2019
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag
    We have a suite in the room block at our hotel!
  • Brandi
    Dedicated May 2019
    Brandi ·
    • Flag
    As of now we will just be coming home because we won’t be going on our honeymoon for 5 months.
  • Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos ·
    • Flag
    Ours is out of town and I’m renting a bed and breakfast for my bridal party. It’s also $375 a night but I am saving a little at a time.
  • Mrs. Cohen
    Super October 2018
    Mrs. Cohen ·
    • Flag

We definitely wanted to stay by ourselves. Our house was a 3 hour drive from the venue and in the opposite direction of our honeymoon and although both of our parents lived close to the venue, we wanted to enjoy each other's company that evening Smiley smile We booked a hotel room near our venue, but did not splurge on a fancy suite or anything since we were staying someplace nice for the week of our honeymoon. Having a regular room in an average Hilton Hotel was just fine for our wedding night

• Mrs.
    Super May 2019
    Mrs. ·
    • Flag
    Our venue is an Airbnb so we’re staying the the night before and the night of. Our wedding party is staying with us so if we feel up to it, we can continue the party when everyone leaves and wake up together the next morning for brunch!
  • Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    • Flag

We have a bridal suite included in our package (although I'm not sure what hotel it's at), we've also rented out the house on the property for the night (perk of a Sunday wedding) so we'll either be at a hotel on in the house.

• C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    Going home.
    Its not exciting but we’d literally have to pass our house to get a nice hotel. And we live 5 min from the airport and we have to get there bright and early to catch our flight.
  • Sherry
    VIP September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag
    Since we aren't leaving for the honeymoon until a week later, we're going home afterwards. We live about 30 mins away from the venue.
  • Shay
    Expert February 2020
    Shay ·
    • Flag
    I’ll be staying in our suite,the night before just so I can have some alone time! It’ll be my time to relax and destress and drink 🍷 🍷🍷
  • Colleen
    Master September 2019
    Colleen ·
    • Flag
    We are going to a hotel the night after. We did not want to just go home after. Then doing a mini moon in Indianapolis an hour away from us. We are doing honeymoon in march getting married is September.
  • Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·
    • Flag
    We're going home. We talked it over and decided that there was something special in spending our first night as husband and wife in our own home, and our own bed.
  • Alyssa
    Super July 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    I'm staying at home. We only live 15 minutes from our venue so I couldn't justify spending money on a hotel room.
  • Ginger
    Dedicated June 2019
    Ginger ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Same here.

Comment on this discussion