You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

Brittany
Dedicated June 2019

New Checklist Layout??

Brittany, on July 10, 2018 at 10:00 AM Posted in Account Support 0 31
Saved Save

Has anyone looked at the updated checklist layout put out by WeddingWire? I used to use this all the time and it was SO helpful. Now I find it visually difficult to follow and they've removed the monthly groupings and the ability to set a specific due date for things. Is there a way to revert to the old format? Really unhappy with this.

31 Comments

• Kristina
    Master August 2018
    Kristina ·
    • Flag

Oh gross, I just looked at it and I'm not a fan of it either!

• Ryan&Jess
    Expert August 2018
    Ryan&Jess ·
    • Flag
    I completely agree!
  • Heather
    Expert August 2018
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    Nothing has really changed with mine, other than my checklist went till 3 months AFTER my wedding date. Now it all ends the day or two after my wedding date 🤷‍♀️
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Brittany! We will definitely make sure to pass along your feedback about the ability to set specific due dates!

• S
    Just Said Yes August 2018
    Sonya ·
    • Flag
    Omg! I like the new format but i have multiple events and only family is invited to certain ones. It added EVERYONE to all my events! So i had to go back through and delete people who werent invited (one by one) so they didnt rsvp.
  • Stephanie
    Dedicated August 2018
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    Agreed! Many of my checklist items have specific deadlines and now I'm going to have to look back at my notes and find out when that is. Uh... :/
  • Stephanie
    Dedicated August 2018
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes please! Wedding in a month and I am a total mess now... don't know when to do what!
  • Gipperkm
    Super September 2018
    Gipperkm ·
    • Flag

I am so angry about this change!! I had specific dates for EVERY task and they are gone!! This checklist was my lifesaver and now I'm stressing with two months to go! I wish they would change it back!!!

• Gipperkm
    Super September 2018
    Gipperkm ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Is there an option to change back to the old layout if we don't like the new one? Our wedding is two months away and they've grouped a bunch of my tasks in the 4-6 month category! This is so aggravating!!

• Brittany
    Dedicated June 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'd love if they'd scrap this new layout altogether and just go back to the old one. I can't find a single benefit!

• Gipperkm
    Super September 2018
    Gipperkm ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Couldn't agree more. My website is through Zola. I think I'll be switching and recreating my checklist through Zola for the last two months. Bad move WW. (unless there is some secret way to add specific dates that we all can't seem to find Smiley laugh )

• Happy Hedgie
    VIP September 2018
    Happy Hedgie ·
    • Flag

I hate the changes to the checklist! I used to be helpful having things organized by specific date, having things broken up by monthly chunks is not useful at all.

I like the new guest list and budget features though.

• Gipperkm
    Super September 2018
    Gipperkm ·
    • Flag

All,

This was the response I received from customer support when I told them about my frustration with their new layout:

"Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your email.
    I am sorry to hear of your frustration with our new tools. These planning tools were updated to provide more features and make the wedding planning process easier for the masses. More information about these tools can be found in the article below:https://engagedsupport.weddingwire.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001031423In regards to the checklist update, the new update doesn't have specific dates but rather time frames tasks should be completed based on your wedding date. We made this update based on industry research that shows that time frames are the new norm and specific dates are not as desired during the planning process.We appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to pass it along. I'm happy to answer any additional questions you may have about these updated tools.
    Warmest Regards,"

Based on my wedding date?! My wedding is in 2 months and they categorized some of tasks to be completed 4-6 months before my wedding! Not helpful! So, clearly this response is really not helpful at all at this point. Who knows if they will change it back or update it. Zola, here I come!
  • Brittany
    Dedicated June 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree! I just looked at the guest list and budget features and those are helpful!

• Brittany
    Dedicated June 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I chose WeddingWire BECAUSE it wasn't like every other site in this industry. Sometimes differentiation is beneficial for business. If people wanted timeframes, they would have gone elsewhere or found a checklist on Pinterest.

• Gipperkm
    Super September 2018
    Gipperkm ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Exactly! Same here! Maybe if enough frustrated people email them they will add a specific date feature to their new layout. Fingers crossed!

• Brittany
    Dedicated June 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I just emailed them, too. I know they follow these threads (hi, guys) but I really don't want to switch all of my stuff over to a new website because of this unusable function.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi everyone! There is no way to revert the checklist changes, but we are passing on all of the checklist feedback you all are sharing!!

• Snow Queen
    Savvy September 2018
    Snow Queen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Is there anyway to recover our custom dates and tasks? I might as well have put my todo list in the laundry. I'm completely fcked with 2 months to go.
  • Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Are you on desktop, mobile, the Android app or the iOS app? If you're on one of our apps make sure you are running the most up-to-date version (Android version 8.4.0, iOS version 8.3.0), one user also reported success clearing the app cache and logging-out and back in!

I'm currently looking at your checklist on a desktop web browser and see a ton of custom checklist items!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics