Mrs. C
VIP September 2013

Never thought I'd be writing this post...UPDATE

Mrs. C, on September 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM Posted in Planning 0 42
Saved Save

Our Bachelorette/Bachelor parties were this past Saturday. Long story short, FH broke his ankle in two places. Wedding is in less than two weeks. Even worse, he started a job 6 months ago, and he's a temp waiting to be hired in full time-the job he's wanted for 13 years. PLEASE pray for him...he will be heartbroken if he loses this job, and it's looking like that's a very good possibility.

UPDATE...Well, it's official. He's been released from his job. They said once he's been released from the doctor give them a call, and they'll see if they have something. We'll see, but the longer he's out, the worse his chances are. It's a place where EVERYONE wants to work, and the only way in is to know someone...so there are plenty of people to choose from. That on top of wondering how we're going to do this wedding with him on crutches (at best) is heartbreaking and stressful.

42 Comments

• Shannon A
    Master May 2014
    Shannon A ·
    • Flag

Sending prayers Smiley sad

• T.
    Master November 2013
    T. ·
    • Flag

Prayers, sweetie. In the meantime, accept my request so I can PM you something.

• kt2of3
    VIP October 2013
    kt2of3 ·
    • Flag

Hugs and prayers so sorry!

• Kate
    Master December 2013
    Kate ·
    • Flag

Hugs ...

Does he have a desk job or an active job? I think I missed only 7 days of work when I broke my leg last year in a very similar temp situation. One the day after it happened (actually broke it on a Thursday night so I missed Friday trying to buy crutches, etc.) and then I had surgery the following Friday and stayed home the following week due to the side effects of the drugs I was on after surgery. Now that was obviously for a job where I was able to sit at a desk all day, of course it's more difficult if that's not the case for your man but hopefully something can be worked out. I work in HR if I can help at all with general questions ... feel free to PM me

Ugh ... just more hugs and prayers

• TooManyMistys
    Master June 2014
    TooManyMistys ·
    • Flag

I doubt they will let him go if they like him. Things happen and this is a good excuse. I hope he heals quickly.

• T.
    Master November 2013
    T. ·
    • Flag

I can't PM you. Try PM'ing me.

• Cassondra
    Expert June 2018
    Cassondra ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep you guys in my prayers

• Mrs. C
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. C ·
    • Flag

Tatiana-I PMed you.

Kate-He works in a factory (very active).

That's the problem. He's a temp in a factory that EVERYONE wants to work at. He's a great worker, and everyone likes him. The problem is, it's not up to the factory, it's up to the union people...and they have to be able to find something for him to do. He's in a boot, and on crutches, and today we have to go in because they think he may need surgery-which won't be good for his job, I'm sure.

• Mrs. Hill 2 Be
    Expert August 2014
    Mrs. Hill 2 Be ·
    • Flag

Praying for you and your hubby as I type

• Tywanda
    Dedicated May 2014
    Tywanda ·
    • Flag

Just said a prayer for your fiance's healing and for his job. And for you also.

• kysweetheart
    Super October 2013
    kysweetheart ·
    • Flag

Oh wow! that's awful! praying for you both!

• Jennifer
    Devoted October 2014
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!! sending prayers and hugs!!!!!!!!!!!

• W
    Just Said Yes July 2015
    Wendy ·
    • Flag

Praying for you FH... I am a strong believer and I believe the same lord who healed me and allowed to keep my job can do the same for him.

• Angela Marie
    Master May 2014
    Angela Marie ·
    • Flag

Aw. I'm so sorry. You and FH are in my prayers. Keep us posted.

• Over the Top♥
    Master June 2013
    Over the Top♥ ·
    • Flag

Oh I feel for you! My husband did the same thing about 5 weeks ago. He's had surgery but still can't put weight on it for 3 weeks. Then he starts physical therapy. It's been really trying on us both. And everyone keeps saying "at least it happened after the wedding!" and I would enthusiastically agree- so I cannot imagine the position you are in.

How did he break it, anyways?

• Over the Top♥
    Master June 2013
    Over the Top♥ ·
    • Flag

I should also add that he will probably need surgery very, very soon. He will be on crutches at the wedding, so start accepting it now.

I feel so terrible for you.

• Married2013
    Master September 2013
    Married2013 ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry. Positive energy sent your way! I’m sure in the end it’ll all work out though, but I know right now it’s awful. So sorry : (

• mrsrobinvalentine
    Master February 2014
    mrsrobinvalentine ·
    • Flag

Oh my, I'm sending you guys my prayers & hugs

• Mrs. C
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. C ·
    • Flag

Thanks so much everyone. This just sucks. I'm PRAYING that once his ankle has healed they will have something for him.

He broke it by stepping on some landscaping rock ...on his way to the flipping front door.

• Over the Top♥
    Master June 2013
    Over the Top♥ ·
    • Flag

I can't believe they just let him go like that... I'm so so sorry

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics