Destiny
Beginner June 2021

Nervous and overwhelmed

Destiny, on December 24, 2019 at 9:43 PM Posted in Planning 0 3
Saved Save
I’m feeling overwhelmed and nervous I’m having a courthouse wedding June 27, 2020 and having my big wedding June 19.2021 with a venue that I love and secured the date with I wanted my wedding to be June 26,2021 but all the June dates was unavailable and I don’t want to move it out of June
My birthday 21st is June 12 and now I don’t have a buffing period to get or do last minute stuff for my wedding just in case something go wrong
Or something happens bad Is it okay for me to feel overwhelmed and do anyone have any helpful advice for what I can do or not feel overwhelmed

3 Comments

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    Why courthouse wedding then big one? Who says you still can't have fun once your married? Everyone is different but when my man and I moved in (I love travel and he doesn't) I made it clear that I am not going to drop traveling just bc he doesn't. I just went to Canada by myself. I also have girl time and go out with them. Important thing is I make plenty of time for him and if there's an evening event I am invited to I make sure to check if we have plans. There are also places he'd like to visit to I won't go without him but places he has no interest in I go. Honestly don't stress the little stuff. We as brides can do that. Ultimately just remember you're marrying your man and that's what matters most.
  • Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag

It's totally normal to feel overwhelmed, but I hope we can help you feel more in control and happy during your engagement. What is overwhelming you right now? Can we help? What are you thinking will go wrong?

• Destiny
    Beginner June 2021
    Destiny ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Jo I’m just a first time bride trying to get everything right so I don’t regret nothing later especially me And my fiancé being in the military
    I’m doing a courthouse wedding this June so me and my fiancé can br in the same location and be living together Than have a big wedding with family later
    I was worried about my dress or dresses I am worried about being station in fort Carson than moving to Hawaii I’m worried about how to plan a 21 birthday party on the 12 and on the 27 plan a courthouse wedding I’m stressed about the overall look of my wedding Any advice or wedding horror stories is helpful I just don’t want to feel like I’m the only bride that got overwhelmed with wedding planning movies and tv makes it look all fun when sometimes it’s not But thanks for asking

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics