JRo
Super October 2016

Need videographer in NJ/NY area

JRo, on April 5, 2016 at 8:53 PM Posted in Planning 0 24
Saved Save

Those of you in the area, who are you using? Or does anyone have a good referral?

@Celia - thanks for your suggestion but they were booked already

24 Comments

• R
    Super September 2016
    Retired ·

I'm using The Artist Group.

• Jacqui76
    Master May 2016
    Jacqui76 ·

You could try Happy Tears Productions. I met him at a bridal show, he's really nice. If we were having a videographer I would have booked him for mine.

• E+T
    Super September 2017
    E+T ·

Ben Pliss Media is amazing-he has loads of videos on his website that he's done at different venues!

• EatKnitRun
    Master May 2016
    EatKnitRun ·

5801 productions. They service south Florida and ny/nj. Their packages are very reasonable and their work is beautiful!

• Celia Milton
    September 2019
    Celia Milton ·

Did you try Juie from In any event?

• JRo
    Super October 2016
    JRo ·

Thanks all!

@Celia - yes, I really liked her work too but she's booked. She has some other suggestions I will look into as well.

• RJmargo
    Master May 2016
    RJmargo ·

I also contacted Happy Tears Productions and he seemed great. He was booked on my date, so we went with Artistic Hands Productions.

• Celia Milton
    September 2019
    Celia Milton ·

Rats..I'm sorry ;-(

• Marleen P
    Super May 2017
    Marleen P ·

Im using Lamar Wedding Center

• Shane Kress
    September 2019
    Shane Kress ·

Try Matt Stafford of Stafford Productions. He's based in PA but travels to NJ.

• tjacob2014
    VIP April 2017
    tjacob2014 ·

I don't know your budget, but we hired Frank Ahn Films. He has the best reviews, and all of the highlights he has on his website made me cry. And those aren't my own wedding. He's based out of NYC but is doing our Bronx/Westchester wedding.

ETA - do you have a photographer already? If so, do they have someone to refer you to? Generally, hiring someone that your photographer has already worked with is preferable, since they will have to work closely the day of. That's how I found out about Frank Ahn Films.

• Crystal
    VIP September 2017
    Crystal ·

Try groupon they are a good source for everything...even limos. Just make sure you visit there websites and read all the reviews before making your selection. Good luck!:-)

• GymRat
    Master May 2017
    GymRat ·

NYC/LI bride here.

I'm using NST Pictures for cinematography. I was able to lock in the rate before their price went up on 4/1.

I researched so many cinematographers that I thought my head was going to explode. Here are some others I came across (p.s. let us know your budget):

LJR Films

AJ Ingoglia Films

Dreamlife

INZI Productions

Lexoria Wedding Films

Well Spun Weddings

Studio 27

Fox Light Studios

456 Weddings

Mesh Films

Yamean Films

My Wedding Way

The Candi Project

Mae B. Films

• JRo
    Super October 2016
    JRo ·

Thanks everyone! I'm checking these out now. I wasn't going to do video but after reading the posts, I don't want to regret not having it.

@ tjacob - I have the photographer but no luck w/video from them.

Budget is around 2K (small wedding)

• LiveLaughKraft
    Super July 2016
    LiveLaughKraft ·

Barefoot photography amazing!!! Highly recommend

• GymRat
    Master May 2017
    GymRat ·

With a video budget of $2k some of the ones I mentioned have packages in that range including NST Pictures. You won't get all day coverage and you'll get only one videographer, but you'll be able to capture some special moments and that should be just enough!

• JRo
    Super October 2016
    JRo ·

@GymRat - Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·

Candlelight productions might be an option.

• Jade
    Master May 2016
    Jade ·

We're using Studio 27

When we were looking we also looked into Silver Fox Photography which had great packages.

There were a few other studios we looked into but were between Studio 27 and SilverFox.

I was actually going to go with Silver Fox because they were cheaper than Studio 27 but when I called Studio 27 to let them know we weren't booking with them they actually price matched SilverFox and then wen lower! So I would also recommend negotiating where you can! Its definitely possible!

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·

We didn't use them, but when we were looking, Mint Cinematography was within that budget while still having good quality and not being cheesy:

http://mintweddingcinematography.com/mint-who-we-are

They were really nice to communicate with, and they were high on our list-- the only reason we picked someone else was b/c our videographer's style was a better match to our photographer's, and they had worked together a ton before.

Comment on this discussion