P.F.
Super May 2018

Need to book our honeymoon-procrastinating

P.F., on January 17, 2018 at 3:33 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 13
Saved Save
Ugh I know I need to book our honeymoon and make flight arrangements, passports, etc. But I am not feeling it! I would love for all of that to just magically book itself and we go on our honeymoon when the time comes! Sadly that's not an option. Part of the reason is work has become insane so when I finally have a day off I just want to be off. That doesn't happen anyways because my boss calls and texts non-stop anyways with things she wants me to do that day. By the time I have free time and completed housework I neglected all week, I don't want to be in front of a computer anymore! Hiring a travel agent is tempting but that's extra money I don't want to spend. Just venting! Anyone else procrastinating their newlywed vacation?

13 Comments

• FME
    Master March 2018
    FME ·
    • Flag

Yesss me too. We already know we aren't going to go on a honeymoon until 2 months after the wedding but it's soo complicated. We're trying to do a road trip over the Western US , fly into one airport, rent a car, fly out of another airport and the logistics just confuse me so I have been putting it off for way too long!

• m&j18
    Devoted August 2018
    m&j18 ·
    • Flag
    Most travel agents do not charge a fee.
  • P.F.
    Super May 2018
    P.F. ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I guess this is a silly question but how do they make money if you don't pay them to book your trip?
  • P.F.
    Super May 2018
    P.F. ·
    • Flag
    @FME that does sound confusing to plan but I bet it'll be an amazing trip!
  • Amanda
    Super May 2018
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

My wedding is in May too and we just booked the accommodations last week. Still have to start thinking about the flights, itinerary etc. I think you have plenty of time to decide - or if you'd rather, go on your honeymoon at a later time to give you more time to get motivated and plan!

• MBean
    Dedicated September 2017
    MBean ·
    • Flag

1. Draw boundaries with your boss. Your day off is your day off. Turn off your phone if you have to.

2. After spending forever booking a complicated honeymoon, my suggestion is to look into hiring a travel agent. Weigh the potential cost with your stress and time.

We procrastinated on booking our honeymoon and it made it very stressful (at least for me). Get it done while you are still in researching and planning mode

• B
    Savvy May 2018
    Brianna ·
    • Flag
    I don’t know if you already have a idea of where you want to go, but there is a great website called pack up + go! Basically you answer some questions based on you and your fiancé’s preferences and price. They will send a 100% secret surprise vacation for you.
  • KarenO
    Master June 2018
    KarenO ·
    • Flag

We have also been putting off booking our honeymoon, and we plan to go right after our late-June wedding. Our issue is mainly that FH and I work different schedules, and it's tough to find time to sit down and talk about it, much less set up a meeting to go see a travel agent. Plus, there are other wedding things that are more important to do first.

We plan to work on it soon though.

edit: We did get our passports this past summer though. We live in a state with outdated driver's licenses (PA) and didn't want to get caught up in any kind of rush of people needing passports for air travel. It only took like 2 weeks at the time, which was a nice surprise!

• Brianna
    VIP May 2018
    Brianna ·
    • Flag

We've been putting it off too Smiley smile and we don't even need to worry about passports or going out of the country. It's just a matter of us sitting down and deciding on flight times and our accommodations. I'm just getting tired of planning stuff lol.

• P.F.
    Super May 2018
    P.F. ·
    • Flag
    @MBean, I know you're right. She hired me to run her store before it was even open so I spent a lot of time helping her get everything set up and hire the staff. Now she depends on me too much! You're right that I need to set that boundary but it's hard for me to do that after letting her get away with it for so long.

Do you have any suggestions for a travel agent or is that more of a locally ran business? At this point it's just stressful and I'd like to take your advice
  • P.F.
    Super May 2018
    P.F. ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    What?? Really? I'll have to look into that!! I decided on a sandals resort because it made things easier not having to plan food and activities but heck, if they'll do it for me then it's worth looking into!
  • K
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    They make money through the resorts you book with, airlines you book with, and excursion/tour companies! They truly don’t charge
  • P.F.
    Super May 2018
    P.F. ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I had no idea! That is so good to know!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics