We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Tiffany Nash
Master August 2014

Need some help!

Tiffany Nash, on July 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 11
Saved Save

When we found our colors it said Charcoal, Tiffany Blue and Victorian Purple.

Well, I'm having a hard time comparing the victorian to a similar color. A lot of places don't go by victorian and I would like my colors to go together so I want the closes shade as possible.

Men will be in Charcoal.

BM's in Pool. (DB color of TB)

And I wanted my RB and FG's in the purple.

Would that look ok?

What color purple is close to victorian?

I hope this makes sense. When I google victorian purple I get multiple shades.

11 Comments

• Tiffany Nash
    Master August 2014
    Tiffany Nash ·
    • Flag

That's the dress I was thinking for the flower girls. It's in lilac. Does that shade look ok with the pool? or a darker color?

• MissMadeline
    Master June 2014
    MissMadeline ·
    • Flag

Color names can vary depending on where you go. Blush was one of my colors, and if you do a search online for "blush," you get lots of variations. Plus, colors don't always look the same on a computer screen. Something that really helped me was to go into a paint store and collect several samples in shades that I liked. Then I brought them with me when picking out dresses, accessories, decor, etc.

• Danielle
    Dedicated July 2015
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I love the idea for the colors, sounds pretty, the closest color I can find on Davids bridals website is lilac, but it's not like the shade of the purple dress you have there. but that shade with the blue dress is very pretty

• NewMrsWesely
    Master September 2016
    NewMrsWesely ·
    • Flag

What I always suggested to bride's when they had to look for matching colors is to get a sample of the color. You don't want pictures cause it's not the true color. Also remember that Diff fabrics but sane color can look diff.

• Tiffany Nash
    Master August 2014
    Tiffany Nash ·
    • Flag

Thanks ladies.

I'm open to any suggestions and advice Smiley smile

• Tiffany Nash
    Master August 2014
    Tiffany Nash ·
    • Flag

FH likes this dress. It comes in both purple and lilac but FH likes the look of a darker color. But I'm not too sure.

ETA-- I guess I'm just asking which looks better, the lilac or the purple?

• JanuaryWedding
    Super January 2016
    JanuaryWedding ·
    • Flag

I prefer the darker purple with the blue. In the first picture of you post (it's a bunch of little shots) I think the dark purple really pops out. So I feel like that is the main color. But if you don't want the purple to stand out as much, I'd go with the lilac.

• Tiffany Nash
    Master August 2014
    Tiffany Nash ·
    • Flag

@JanuaryWedding-- Thank You. I like how the lilac looks and FH likes the purple so I wanted to ask for outside opinions.

• A
    Master April 2014
    Aleykit* ·
    • Flag

I think you have a great color scheme! Pool was one of ours colors! As for the FG dress, I like the darker one. Smiley smile

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·
    • Flag

I prefer the darker purple, I think it makes the colors look a little bit more separate/pop more. But I do like the first flower girl dress you posted better. Good luck deciding!

• Tiffany Nash
    Master August 2014
    Tiffany Nash ·
    • Flag

Thanks ladies. I think we'll go with the purple and not the lilac. I like the first dress too but they only have it in lilac, nothing darker.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles