K
Beginner April 2014

Need Honeymoon Ideas

Katie, on September 15, 2013 at 2:13 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 12
Saved Save

Wedding date is set for April 12, 2014. We are from southeast Missouri and would like to honeymoon somewhere in the US. I have never been to a beach and would love to go somewhere near a beach. We also spent a vacation in the Smokey Mountains in TN and enjoyed that. Any ideas would be appreciated.

12 Comments

• Alysa
    VIP April 2014
    Alysa ·

I am so excited that you posted this. You are the first person on here that I have found with the same wedding date as me. This excites me probably more than it should.

If you wanna stay in the US, I suggest heading out west. I took a trip a few years back and we went to Colorado and Wyoming and Utah and it was just beautiful. We went to Yellowstone and went camping near the mountains. And we stayed at a beautiful hotel near the grand Tetons where there were literally moose walking within feet of the back door. It was a great experience, and I hope to go back out that way someday (I'm from Michigan). But if you like outdoorsy, nature-type experiences, that is what I recommend.

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

I know this might be difficult but if you want beach and the US then Hawaii is a good option always. I can definitely help you out with that, some of the islands can get pretty pricey, I live on Oahu though and you can find some good deals and some cheaper rates. Plus if your wedding is April that isn't the high season so it might be easy. If you want more details on Oahu (or some of the other islands) feel free to ask or send a personal message :-).

Also I agree with Alysa, I'm from Colorado and there are beautiful things to do around there! But unfortunately no beaches. I'd look maybe for beaches in Florida or California if you want to stay in the continental US. I'm sure others on here are more experts though.

• FinallyMrsMoon
    Devoted February 2014
    FinallyMrsMoon ·

I live in SoCal and it's beautiful over here. Santa Monica is famous for its beaches and the pier. Hollywood is fun too! The OC has the beaches, boardwalks and Disneyland. And San Diego also has our fair share of gorgeous beaches, awesome Mexican food, Sea World and Downtown attractions.

• Melissa
    VIP April 2014
    Melissa ·

Florida is a beautiful option and as close to the Caribbean as you can get. The gulf side is where we might go. (Sanibel Island, Fort Myers area, St. Petersburg/Clearwater area or Marco Island or The Keys) I have family that lives down there also.

• Maggie N
    Master August 2013
    Maggie N ·

Savannah, GA would be lovely! The town is super fun and Tybee Island is a great beach!

• kscha925
    Super May 2014
    kscha925 ·

We are going to Arizona..however, I don't believe there are beaches there haha. I heard South Carolina has nice beaches.

• kt2of3
    VIP October 2013
    kt2of3 ·

I'm with Maggie! Savannah has so much to offer! I think it would be a great honeymoon spot.

• T-Rex
    Master August 2013
    T-Rex ·

Myrtle Beach, SC is nice. And Savannah is amazing, too.

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·

If you really want to lay out and go in the water in April, my guess is that south Florida or Hawaii is your best option. A friend honeymooned at Key West and loved it.

• Nancy Taussig
    October 2019
    Nancy Taussig ·

Sarasota, FL is on the west coast (between Tampa and Naples) is a great spot for destination weddings and/or honeymoons. Beautiful sunsets, sand as white & fine as sugar, lots to do inside or outside. And April is beautiful here, not yet hot or humid. April & Oct. are popular months for weddings here.

• Harley_Bride102813
    Super October 2013
    Harley_Bride102813 ·

I live in So CA as well and there are all sorts of options depending on what you want to do and how long you have. Especially in the spring.

We are eloping/ honeymooning in Savannah so excited to hear it get so many votes!! Never been and can't wait!

• B'sWife
    VIP September 2014
    B'sWife ·

Emerald coast of Florida. Best beaches on the mainland US.

Comment on this discussion